Amp or AVR for Dali Zensor 5

Pd112

I am in the market for Dali Zensor 5 or 7. I am quite confused on what i should get for amplification, the set up is going to be stereo ( i dont forsee adding a sub) and connected to the TV. But its also going to be used by my technically challenged parents. I have a sony Tv with chromevast built in, i was thinking of using it as the device to drive music input to the amp. I would honestly not like to spend more than 45K on amplification considering the speakers cost not too much more than that.
I have a few questions:
1. Will an AVR be more user friendly ? if yes which one would you recommend will have enough output to power the Zensor 5 cleanly
2. Which stereo Amp would work well with zensor5? (bonus points if the amp can support bluetooth)

Thanks!

Marantz and Dali combo goes well together.
U can look at pm7005 which will be sufficient to drive z5/7 efficiently.
However, this doesn't have Bluetooth feature, which ideally shouldn't be a deal breaker, u can add Chromecast/Bluetooth adaptor costing not much.
Alternatively, u can look at quad vena which has everything u are looking for.
Since u are in Mumbai, contact Mr. Anil from hifimart and see if u can audition.
Currently, good offer is going on in hifimart on both these amps.

7005 is too expensive I would rather save some money there and get better speakers to be honest. I don’t anticipate playing the speakers at ear shattering volumes. Will 6005 or 5005 pump out enough power to drive the speakers well ?

There is a pm7005 for sale in this forum which is really well maintained and is on offer at a very lucrative price. Look for sale-by-owners section.

6005 being only 45wpc at 8 ohms might struggle a bit to drive Dali z5/7 imho as these are 6 ohms speakers.

However, should be sufficient for lower to mid level volume knob.

7005 is too expensive I would rather save some money there and get better speakers to be honest. I don’t anticipate playing the speakers at ear shattering volumes. Will 6005 or 5005 pump out enough power to drive the speakers well ?
Go with the 7005 on forum.. superb condition.

Saving money to buy a better speakers and going with a lesser spec amp will not give you better results.

I am in the market for Dali Zensor 5 or 7. I am quite confused on what i should get for amplification, the set up is going to be stereo ( i dont forsee adding a sub) and connected to the TV. But its also going to be used by my technically challenged parents. I have a sony Tv with chromevast built in, i was thinking of using it as the device to drive music input to the amp. I would honestly not like to spend more than 45K on amplification considering the speakers cost not too much more than that.
I have a few questions:
1. Will an AVR be more user friendly ? if yes which one would you recommend will have enough output to power the Zensor 5 cleanly
2. Which stereo Amp would work well with zensor5? (bonus points if the amp can support bluetooth)

Thanks!

Hi,

If you are looking at good digital / analog connectivity options...consider the Denon 1400 or Marantz NR1508/1506...these should suffice....Check both AVR specs and then proceed....easy to use and provides good adequate sound.....with quality

the set up is going to be stereo ( i dont forsee adding a sub) and connected to the TV. But its also going to be used by my technically challenged parents.
Will an AVR be more user friendly ?
(bonus points if the amp can support bluetooth)

AVR it would be as it ticks all your requirement.. Easy to switch inputs & better connectivity (bluetooth, wireless).. AVR also has USB ports on the front, that can play MP3 files/ most digital audio formats..

Most AVR in 2 channel driven mode ( stereo), should produce 50 Watts (or) more, which should be more than sufficient for Z 5/7

Buy active speakers then.. they are much easier to use..
A few active floor standing speakers are available.. These also have subwoofer output.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back