Amp / Sub for Wharfedale set-up

vjsharma

Folks,

Have decided to purchase Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 FS front; Diamond 9.1 BS rear and Diamond 9 CS centre setup. Consumption will be split 50-50 between movies and music.

Now I need help in coupling this with the best amp. for this setup. Also could you advice me if I would need a separate sub. and if so, which one?

Regards.

Wharfedale SW150 sub would be a good option.

For the receiver, choose between a Yamaha and Marantz. Model would be based on your budget. Since you have a 9.5 for the front, it makes sense to choose a receiver that supports bi-amping, about 80 to 100watts / channel.

Other options of connectivity, video upscaling etc., would be based on your other equipment.

hope this helps.

You are pairing the woofer with a tower. SW150 is not really powerful when compared with 9.5
My recommendation is to go for atleast SW250. You can also think of some other cheaper subs if you would not use them during music.

Last edited:
You are pairing the woofer with a tower. SW150 is not really powerful when compared with 9.5
My recommendation is to go for atleast SW250. You can also think of some other cheaper subs if you would not use them during music.

This is a matter of each individual's music taste. Some like the thump to be big and loud, some dont.

Also take into consideration the listening area size.

for my music/movie viewing I find the SW150 sufficient, when placed next to my sofa.

cheers!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back