Amplifier for Bose Acoustimass 15

I think the problem in Bose is it uses an all in one driver and avoid using any dedicated tweeter and thus I find the high quiet dull and the use of small drivers as woofers make it sound much "thinner" compared to other speakers......

Bose has done justice to their 301s only as its the only speaker that uses a 8 inch driver as woofer and I find the low frequency output quiet faithful..............
I really have great doubts about their acoustimass speakers performance be it any model...........

@edjamesx - I have tried changing the settings several times without any dramatic change in the sound. Anyways, no harm in trying again. I will try your suggestions and see if it changes the sound in anyway. Thank you.

sivakuru, Also placement of woofer also matters Anyway try this also .

Too close to the walls will be boomy.
Too far from the wall , will lack BASS.

i placed the woofer 1/2 feet far from the wall and in the corner . Also sometimes the objects in the opposit directions also matters for reflection of the sound.

Move the objects away or close to the woofer and try.I saw from the internet, placing the woofer behind the sofa works well especailly for bose .

Just denoting this in case you havent tried already.

Hi friends,

I am planning to finalise -

Denon AVR1611 - arnd 29K
Pioneer DV-420V K - arnd 4.5K
Canton - Movie 80 CX - arnd 26K

Is this combination good and prices fine ? I am still not convinced on the speakers - are there any cheaper alternatives ?

Cordially,
Rajeev

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back