Amplifier for Bose companion 3 multimedia speaker

cooltoad

Hi folks,

I am planning to get a stereo amp and speakers. But i also would like to know if i could add an amp to my existing Bose companions 3 speakers(connected thro xfi sound card or as stand alone speakers for my dvd ) as there are no ratings, etc. for Bose. Also, would it make a difference? Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Hi folks,

I am planning to get a stereo amp and speakers. But i also would like to know if i could add an amp to my existing Bose companions 3 speakers(connected thro xfi sound card or as stand alone speakers for my dvd ) as there are no ratings, etc. for Bose. Also, would it make a difference? Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Couldn't say though you may want to try a cheap amp that can run 3-4 ohm speakers as I suspect thats what they are.

Next upgrade would be to get rid of them...I am serious.

Hi folks,

hai cooltoad,

The Bose speakers are already powered and you can,t connect a amp with them. Moreover they are not audiophile grade. I have heard them and they sound good only at near fields and hence only fit for PC listening. If you want to have a blast go for a decent amp and speakers set up. BTW what is room size and your source player.

Thanks,

N.Murali.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back