Amplifier for Jamo C405

By the way Sailesh refused to go down on the price of the PM5003. Says I gave someone else the discount because I must have got compensated in some other item he bought. For me 31.5k for C405 is too low and he can't go down on amp prices anymore. :(

In my case I bought a PM5003 + Canton LE170 FS. And paid for CD6003. That may be why he gave me the PM5003 for 16.5K.
Joshua

Congrats on your purchase :clapping:. You'll surely have many hours of listening pleasure.
Joshua
PS: what r u using as source b4 your DAC comes along?

Laptop. :p

I will decide on the CDP/DAC/Whatever in a couple of months. I hope the system sounds acceptable using the laptop till then.

when can i come hear the combination:D
ive never heard a Jamo / marantz combo ( vortex praises it - i would like to hear myself)

Sorry, I missed this post. You are most welcome to listen to my systemwhenever you wish. The amp should arrive during the weekdays hence the system should be ready by the weekend.

You have my number, give me a call and just drop by. You will get a complimentary cup of tea too! :)

Anybody else wishing to listen my audio setup is most welcome too. I will publish in the forum when it reaches me.

bizarre dear

We are waiting for your review ????
I heard C405 with marantz at cinebel/delhi and found it good.

cheers

I'll be receiving a pair of jamo towers this thursday too. The highest model of their pre klipsch takeover E series, the e875.

20353.jpg

c607.jpg

The post klipsch era of jamo has incorporated the e875 as the c607 with minor changes to the drivers and the decoupling of the tweeter. So I'm pretty excited because Originally the e875 used to be 55k and the new c607 is 60k while I'm getting a very nicely kept demo piece for just 27! They quoted me 30 but they had misplaced the spikes and there was minor damage to the front grill but 98% of it is physically intact and 99.95% is functionally intact I feel.

The c407 seems to have taken its external design ques from the older D series while main structure similar to the original e875 series but without the aluminium center plugs and a larger body- probably produces better bass but the c607/e875 body probably sounds tighter.

kolumny-stereo-jamo-c-40_1151.jpg

jamod450.jpg

I quite like the look of the c4 glue/resin paper drivers and the crey/cherry look inspired from the d450 and d400.

9e97b21b95ec3310d664d1672c41ade42030.jpg

The present highest model c809 seems to be a combination of the older e875 principles and d707/707i/500/590 cabinet. Quite a monster.

Jamo%20D590L.jpg

+
jamo_e875.jpg

=
3078388446_e17548a743.jpg

Oh how I wish I could afford of these when they were still around...
http://bildarkiv.hififorum.nu/soulman/jamo4_4.jpg

Are you getting the 405's in black or cherry?
C405-black.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be receiving a pair of jamo towers this thursday too... I'm getting a very nicely kept demo piece for just 27...

You are getting an awesome deal, it seems. Congrats!

Are you getting the 405's in black or cherry?

Mine is cherry or Dark Apple. Black was out-of-stock. In fact dealers across Mumbai are saying that C405 is discontinued. If that's even remotely true, I'm happy that I could decide in time. :licklips:

bizarre dear

We are waiting for your review ????
I heard C405 with marantz at cinebel/delhi and found it good.

cheers

I will publish how I found it. I'm pretty much a novice hence don't expect any review from me. I will rate the system on my satisfaction index. :)

Can I consider myself? :licklips:

Of course. PM me when you want to come. I'm in Vashi.

Mine is cherry or Dark Apple. Black was out-of-stock. In fact dealers across Mumbai are saying that C405 is discontinued. If that's even remotely true, I'm happy that I could decide in time. :licklips:

I dont think thats entirely accurate, their main distributer told me that they stopped giving/partnerring with others and now only sell themselves and the c405 is an ongoing series, not discontinued.

The cherry/dark apple looks nice on the c4xx, better than black because its got grey and red in it.

The other c series though are better in black. Their dark cherry/cherry finishes arent as gracious to consider as furniture grade. They lack the natural visual and tactile texture of good wood.

You must be right about the C405's availability, corElement. Either way, I'm happy with it.

By the way, I had received a call from Sailesh day before yesterday evening and he asked me to come over the next day to take the delivery. I took the delivery (in the horrible traffic of Andheri :( ) yesterday night, installed the system till around 12:30AM then had one hour of nirvana before hitting the sack. :)

I'm running late for a day-long meeting. Will update you guys about my impressions by the evening when I'm done with a few more songs on it.

You must be right about the C405's availability, corElement. Either way, I'm happy with it.

By the way, I had received a call from Sailesh day before yesterday evening and he asked me to come over the next day to take the delivery. I took the delivery (in the horrible traffic of Andheri :( ) yesterday night, installed the system till around 12:30AM then had one hour of nirvana before hitting the sack. :)

I'm running late for a day-long meeting. Will update you guys about my impressions by the evening when I'm done with a few more songs on it.

yay congrats! do make sure to take nice pics and show us

hi all ,

Ihad visited shop , alliance and Voila last week ...following is my choice

Voila price ......

Marantz CD6003 and PM 6003 (CD is available for 21,000 but PM is not)

OR

Marantz CD6003 and PM7001 ( Again PM is not available..will check and let me know )

I have little idea about the speakers .........but i am looking for bookshelf speakers (space constraints) ......pls advise for both the combos ....since output is different

My choice of music ....mostly Tamil film songs .... sometimes english ........Favourite music composer is Yuvan Shankar Raja ......hence Genre of music would be rock , pop , heavy metal , folk .....

no constraints as far as bugdet is concerned ........if i like it i will shell out more money

How did you come to a decision regarding the amp without hearing it out on a range of speakers before deciding on it ? :S

Also you might want to spend more on the amp/speakers than the player.

i will be hearing it , before buying it ..... right now its not available ..........other marantz amps will give me a fair idea of the sound quality ..........like i said not much idea ....about the speakers .........

budget is flexible ..

You should make your own thread and ask regarding it instead of asking on this one cuz its for bizarre's new c405 :)

Btw IM GETTING MY E875 TOMORROW!!!!!
Excited! they also had the 405 gonna go listen to it tomorrow. I quite liked the 405's drivers, theyre very flexible!

Hello friends, can you give me proper address of Alliance, The Shop, and viola. I have c405 and I am also searching the shop for amp.

Hello friends, can you give me proper address of Alliance, The Shop, and viola. I have c405 and I am also searching the shop for amp.
Hi Kiran, you do realize that you have resurrected a 9 year old thread and lots would have changed in these 9 years, all the best for your search.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back