Amplifier Selection

Hi All,

Had a talk with Denny from Bass n Treble , in Dwarka ,N.Delhi. He informed me the Marantz 6003 is expected around 15th of this month . Now my question is , how safe would it be buying from there and getting it couriered to Kolkata , Denny quoted me 26k for the amp.
Hence how good is the quote and how is Bass N Treble as a dealer ?

You must know that a forum member purchased 6003 for 13K from Singapore when it was a new product. Edit : Waitaminute - m talking about CDP.

I have heard both the 6003 and 6002. almost negligible difference. The 6003 chassis is more heavily damped and sound is just a trifle smoother and balanced if you listen very keenly. Otherwise you will not notice.

--G

Hi,
I have heard KEFtowers paired with marantz pm6002. Very sweet & crystal clear sound. I dont know model. Cost was 58k.

I have heard one infinity towers with same amp. I loved them as much as KEFs. Cost was 28k. Very sweet sound. Strong in lower frequencies exactly where i like. When i have money, i will go for this infinity pair(equally good sound ct half the cost).
The prices were before negotiation. I had gone there mainly for amp audition. So i didnt bother to negotiate.
Both were heard in 16X12 feet showroom (acoussticaly treated of course). The towers never overpowered the room. I never went above 10 o clock position on volume knob.

Thanks Bro,

Now here comes the catch , Marantz Stereo Amps seem to be out of the market. Nothing seems to be available except the high end ones. I think i need to wait till I can lay my hands on one !

do you want me to check with goa dealer?
There is another thread going on about wharf being paired with marantz. I have provided the dealer no. in that thread if you need.

Hi,

Also check with Vipul Audio Tech Chennai, MR.Praveen (search forum for address & Contact No.) he has sourced Marantz Amp for a few of our Chennai members at attractive prices. I also suggest you to audition the Yamaha AS 500 amp, which he said sounded good, had good reviews at whathifi at about the same or lesser cost than PM 6003.

Just my Rs.2/-(yet to get Rs. symbol)

N.Murali

Well I use a Denon pma 510ae with a Marantz cd player and trust me, it sounds stunning.. But i dont think much people will second that option., But take an audition, its always worth a try..

You may want to clarify that its an integrated amp while the OP has stated he is looking for an amp which could also include power amps.

Thanks Bro,

Now here comes the catch , Marantz Stereo Amps seem to be out of the market. Nothing seems to be available except the high end ones. I think i need to wait till I can lay my hands on one !

I have particularly not seen any news of Marantz amps being phased out or in shortage. Having said that, if what you are saying is indeed true, then you may want to rethink your choice so that you can be guaranteed with right amount of post sales support.

I have heard the PM5004 compared to a Norge 2060, the audio quality jump was not significant, i think you should save up and buy a better one.

Murali Sir,
Thanks for the contact of Vipul, had a question , earlier you owned a Norge and now your signature says marantz. What is the basic difference (if any) in the sound signature and how do you find the combination with MS Aviano , or do you suggest a better combo.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back