Amplifier suggestions for only music: How abt Emotiva?

Hi, I am new in this forum.
I am also planning to buy an amp. I have auditioned CA 651 A , Marantz PM6005 and Yamaha AS500- I found CA is quite impressive compaire two other two.
Hi All,

Currently I have a NAD C320BEE amplifier paired with Eros MKII floor standers(DIY). I'm planning to upgrade to a slightly more powerful amplifier. Initially I thought of NAD375, but some of the FMs told suggested me not to go for it as I already have a NAD and that would sound similiar, which makes sense. I'm thinking of going for Emotiva XPA 200 + UPS 1 ($499+$429 - No voltage converter hassle). I'm currently in Pittsburgh(us) and would like to buy before I move to India in 3 to 4 months time. My budget is around $1500. I know the best way would be to audition, but there are only couple of dealers nearby the place where I live.

My questions are :
1. How do you rate the Emotiva XPA 200 + UPS 1 Combo when compared to NAD 320BEE (50w x 2)?
2. Could you suggest some decent amps in the $1500 range(I like the NAD sound). I would prefer some amplifier with 100w - 150w. The amp will be only for music.
3. My music preferences are rock,pop, hiphop, classic (favourites:Metallica, Linkin park, Deepeche Mode, Coldplay,Enya)and hindi all genres.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

it is always the best amplifier which your ears found the best....may be few more auditions are needed with different amp and speaker combination to make sure you chose the right one..
Hi, I am new in this forum.
I am also planning to buy an amp. I have auditioned CA 651 A , Marantz PM6005 and Yamaha AS500- I found CA is quite impressive compaire two other two.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back