Amplifier Suggestions Required.

cvijayc

Hello Friends , have been a lurker all these days , learning a lot of stuff from the experiences shared.

I want to understand the differences between Marantz NR1200 , PM7000N and PM8006. I have read the technical specifications and understand that

- NR1200 is sort of an Hybrid between an Stereo Amp and Receiver with Pre-outs for driving via power amp / DAC and 75 wpc.
- PM7000N is more of a pure stereo amp @60 wpc and no DAC
- PM 8006 is again an pure stereo amp @70 wpc at 8 ohms and pre outs etc.

What I want to understand is if NR1200 is having more features for connectivity / seemingly more power / dual dacs etc , how is it priced lower in that segment. what determines the quality of sound resolved by these amplifiers which determine their price. I do humbly understand that every ear perceives music differently but wanted to understand any nuances on differences . Any comparison with Audiolab 6000A and these Marantz amps. I am going to drive my Cambridge SL30's for now and slowly build on the platform. Yes , I am planning to take a chance with one of these amps in coming day post any personal audition if possible.

Hello Friends , have been a lurker all these days , learning a lot of stuff from the experiences shared.

I want to understand the differences between Marantz NR1200 , PM7000N and PM8006. I have read the technical specifications and understand that

- NR1200 is sort of an Hybrid between an Stereo Amp and Receiver with Pre-outs for driving via power amp / DAC and 75 wpc.
- PM7000N is more of a pure stereo amp @60 wpc and no DAC
- PM 8006 is again an pure stereo amp @70 wpc at 8 ohms and pre outs etc.

What I want to understand is if NR1200 is having more features for connectivity / seemingly more power / dual dacs etc , how is it priced lower in that segment. what determines the quality of sound resolved by these amplifiers which determine their price. I do humbly understand that every ear perceives music differently but wanted to understand any nuances on differences . Any comparison with Audiolab 6000A and these Marantz amps. I am going to drive my Cambridge SL30's for now and slowly build on the platform. Yes , I am planning to take a chance with one of these amps in coming day post any personal audition if possible.
It’s priced lower to attract people with small budget looking for more features. When it comes to amps quality of electrical components matters a lot. That’s where the price difference lies. If you’re starting a stereo setup then it’s preferable to go for a pure stereo amp without any integrated features. It will give you best listening pleasure. As you build your system further you can get better amps or Pre / processors for input control. Getting a low budget integrated is not a great idea IMHO.
you can start with a second hand good amp with pure power. And use a second hand Pre / processor for input or a device like DAC etc which have a Pre out. Then build higher. All the best.

And I’ve used Marantz and yamaha in the integrated side. I would rate yamaha way higher than Marantz any day. Marantz is American pomp designed for loudness, Yamaha is Japanese designed for natural sound. Others like Naim and all are designed for transparency, you can enjoy it if you have good matching source.

And I’ve used Marantz and yamaha in the integrated side. I would rate yamaha way higher than Marantz any day. Marantz is American pomp designed for loudness, Yamaha is Japanese designed for natural sound. Others like Naim and all are designed for transparency, you can enjoy it if you have good matching source.
Would you mind sharing the models you have compared with in Marantz and Yamaha?
Thanks..

PM8006 is only a pure amp without DAC
Nr1200 is a 2.1 receiver with HDMI for HT usage in mind
PM7000n is an all in one (dac, amp, streaming)

If one can afford he should go with PM8006 with its NA8006

otherwise NR1200 won’t be that far behind the 7000n.

I have PM6007 and SR6008. The difference in playing stereo source is not that big and perceivable

PM8006 is only a pure amp without DAC
Nr1200 is a 2.1 receiver with HDMI for HT usage in mind
PM7000n is an all in one (dac, amp, streaming)

If one can afford he should go with PM8006 with its NA8006

otherwise NR1200 won’t be that far behind the 7000n.

I have PM6007 and SR6008. The difference in playing stereo source is not that big and perceivable
Thanks , but going for PM8006 means , investing again on external DAC for Streaming audio. ( just a loud thought) My sources are the usual from Spotify , prime music , ripped flac's and NuC.

From an cost factor the marantz boxes are in 20k differential with each other . I will hear them for my experience.

Thanks for your reply , I have currently the decently featured RXV683 and I am just seeking an further refinement from here . Hence venturing out on the separates and looking at an established brand with history. I have read information around R-N803 Yam too , so have to experience the same.

can a marantz pm8006 be paired with a marantz NR1200 as a power amp with a preamp, for good sound quality on 8 ohm 75 watt speakers?

can a marantz pm8006 be paired with a marantz NR1200 as a power amp with a preamp, for good sound quality on 8 ohm 25watt-100watt speakers?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back