an Amp that you have in your radar (ideally demoed)

jenson

many of us do not have this luxury, therefore it's fascinating to see so many forum members who have. One such amp that has piqued my interest is the the Croft Integrated R which prem calls his end game, and in the world of hifi, it's priced well within what some mid-range marantz would cost..

so, not necessarily the cost, any amp that you have demoed that stood apart from what you have otherwise experienced. lamm seems interesting design, red wine audio once upon a time was a craze.. thoughts..?

many of us do not have this luxury, therefore it's fascinating to see so many forum members who have. One such amp that has piqued my interest is the the Croft Integrated R which prem calls his end game, and in the world of hifi, it's priced well within what some mid-range marantz would cost..

so, not necessarily the cost, any amp that you have demoed that stood apart from what you have otherwise experienced. lamm seems interesting design, red wine audio once upon a time was a craze.. thoughts..?

Considering prem's exposure to several hiend kit....I would go with his suggestion any day :)

I have loads of friends in the UK running croft kits and Mr.glenn croft is a genius.. and he is always open to modify his kit as per ones requirements. For example there was one gentleman who felt his croft premap had too much gain to his liking to feed his 845 tube mono blocks, so off it goes back to the factory, and comes back with reduced gain stages.

And coming to the main topic...I have some very unheard of TAD 1000 tube mono blocks, which beat a monster 100W pure class A krell power amp, that was class A all the way to 100W. The bass slam of the krell was the best I've ever heard, but these better that too. And that was surprising for a tube amp for me :D

Bryston 7B2 or 7B3 on my radar due to limited budget. If i could increase my budget, 28B it would be.

The Berning that Prem had. One off piece made to Prem's requirements. Too expensive for me actually, though.
Also have always been curious about aniket's creations.
I also have a terrible itch to try aniket's amps...May be some time in the future, as I've converted to tubes now sadly..

I grabbed Threshold SA1 from Shehzad. :cool:This model is different but also rated very highly.

Next upgrade will be Accuphase, Goldmund or something similar but that is still a decade away.:)
I was eyeing those very threshold amps from shehzada , which you might have pried from me :D

Happy listening anyways...I will bury my jealousy for today :D

I also have a terrible itch to try aniket's amps...May be some time in the future, as I've converted to tubes now sadly..
During last year’s lockdown I reached out to Aniket for a balanced pre (it could have been his 1st balanced design). I spoke with few of his customers and they were all very happy.

Aniket’s a good chap…very polite and knowledgeable. He tried to understand what I was looking for and tried to put together a spec as per my requirements. But due to then circumstances the times lines were too long and I had to drop it.

During last year’s lockdown I reached out to Aniket for a balanced pre. I spoke with few of his customers and they were all very happy.

Aniket’s a good chap…very polite and knowledgeable. He tried to understand what I was looking for and tried to put together a spec as per my requirements. But due to then circumstances the times lines were too long and I had to drop it.
I really fondly hope you give it a shot sree.. and if you like it...you know I always be in line next :D

I was eyeing those very threshold amps from shehzada , which you might have pried from me :D

Happy listening anyways...I will bury my jealousy for today :D
I knew all along that someone was interested in these amps but had no idea that it was you. :) There is a little interesting story behind this if the Mods please allow it.

Shehzad, a very humble soul, had mentioned in one of the thread that has some stuff to sell. I got in touch with him and found that he wanted to sell his EAR868 preamp. I was looking for a tube preamp at that time. Then out of curiosity, I asked him if he has some other stuff to sell, and at that time I came to know about his Threashold monoblocks. He also told me that someone from Hyderabad is in touch with him regarding these amps.

I immediately read almost everything about these amps and asked him the price of the combo which I did not bargain. He though offered me quite a few freebies with both preamp and amps. Our common friend Drkrack, also a very humble soul, has always been there to help me and he again helped me then also.:D

I knew all along that someone was interested in these amps but had no idea that it was you. :) There is a little interesting story behind this if the Mods please allow it.

Shehzad, a very humble soul, had mentioned in one of the thread that has some stuff to sell. I got in touch with him and found that he wanted to sell his EAR868 preamp. I was looking for a tube preamp at that time. Then out of curiosity, I asked him if he has some other stuff to sell, and at that time I came to know about his Threashold monoblocks. He also told me that someone from Hyderabad is in touch with him regarding these amps.

I immediately read almost everything about these amps and asked him the price of the combo which I did not bargain. He though offered me quite a few freebies with both preamp and amps. Our common friend Drkrack, also a very humble soul, has always been there to help me and he again helped me then also.:D
Haha...thanks a lot for sharing that :)

Fastest finger first as usual :D

I've bought stuff from shehzada in the past as well, a true gentleman. And a rare gem of a person, who will add all the necessary accessories, let them be cables, or vibration controllers, to gift an entire musical experience at its best...rather than sell a box that he is no longer using. That is rare...and that is what makes him special :)

I could sell the freebies I've got for a healthy sum even today :D

Fondly hope @ONEMANARMY sees this thread :)

Haha...thanks a lot for sharing that :)

Fastest finger first as usual :D

I've bought stuff from shehzada in the past as well, a true gentleman. And a rare gem of a person, who will add all the necessary accessories, let them be cables, or vibration controllers, to gift an entire musical experience at its best...rather than sell a box that he is no longer using. That is rare...and that is what makes him special :)

I could sell the freebies I've got for a healthy sum even today :D

Fondly hope @ONEMANARMY sees this thread :)
Exactly, I too can sell his freebies for a real good amount but I rarely sell rare items.

I don’t see onemanarmy posting these days.
Same here...my normal internet connection is not working...so my WhatsApp is not working. Though I can still connect on a dedicated desktop system...which is actually illegal for private use :D

But when my WhatsApp was still working till a week back or so, shehzada was still in touch...Will check again once I get my WhatsApp connection working and will revert back prem

There was one more shezada who used to reside in USA and had family in delhi.
Was mostly into analogue and had some drool worthy equipment.
Not seen him post since maybe 6 or 7 years, maybe more

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back