An evening with the rethms - lowthers full range

@grubyhalo I think I will leave my PC options open. I can get co-axial digital out through docking station of my notebook. Now how can I get HQ surround sound into my AVR? thanks.

@grubyhalo I think I will leave my PC options open. I can get co-axial digital out through docking station of my notebook. Now how can I get HQ surround sound into my AVR? thanks.

Generally, you should be able to output 5.1 from your soundcard through the digital out. I'd be surprised if your co-ax output don't support it...

Generally, you should be able to output 5.1 from your soundcard through the digital out. I'd be surprised if your co-ax output don't support it...

Yes, it does but the SQ is very mediocre. My Elektron media player gives a much better SQ.

BTW DVD-A is possible with PC.

No you are mistaken, it does. In fact you can make back-up copies (DVD-Fab) as well.
I have heard that PowerDVD plays them too.

PowerDVD would play only the regular DVD video content layer from a hybrid DVD-A disc, not the HD audio from the DVD-A layer. To play an SACD or a DVD-A you need a proprietary player.

PowerDVD would play only the regular DVD video content layer from a hybrid DVD-A disc, not the HD audio from the DVD-A layer. To play an SACD or a DVD-A you need a proprietary player.

You may or may not be able to playback a DVD-A, and I have not tried it as yet. I simply use my Pioneer. But will check and let you know.

But what is a FACT is that you can read DVD-A (24-bit/192kHz) with DVD-Fab and make a ISO/copy. I have been doing this. OK?

Here, check the features for PowerDVD

CyberLink DVD Audio Technologies

4. Dolby Technology Support
PowerDVD also provides support for home theater systems featuring Dolby audio technologies, including Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Headphone, and DVD-Audio MLP Decoding.

Now do you believe me? Come on you should be happy. You have all the more reasons to use HTPC for music;)

But what is a FACT is that you can read DVD-A (24-bit/192kHz) with DVD-Fab and make a ISO/copy. I have been doing this. OK?

I'm sorry if I come across as a non-believer but I'm just trying to figure out what exactly you're doing. When you load the DVD-A into the drive, what does the software recognize it as? On another note, I think, it would be more appropriate if we move this discussion to PMs...

sorry to bump into this thread and go further off topic (stumbled onto this page looking for info on rethms)

but yes, you can play DVD audios on PC's. I Have this Creative audigy 2ZS which could play DVD A's . could also play them with the onboard using the abovesaid PowerDVD player. All the data was in the audio_ts folders

Just a bit curious, are you inclined atleast a little to try DIY? If so, let me know, I'll send some resources via PM...

can i too request you for this please since i would like to venture the PC route.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back