An ordeal with Swish India (Bangalore). A bitter experience.Buyers Be Very Aware!

I think Audio Excellence, if they are the authorised reps in India for Def Tech, should step in here and help Mr. Asher out and also sort out the issues with the dealer..If they don't pull up the dealer, then I guess they are equally to blame for this fiasco...However if Swish is not the authorised dealer appointed by them, then I can't blame them...

Utterly disgusting !! I just hope no other customer has to go through this trauma. At the same time, Haren, you should not surrender to this situation and see to it that they learn a lesson from this episode !

I think Audio Excellence, if they are the authorised reps in India for Def Tech, should step in here and help Mr. Asher out and also sort out the issues with the dealer..If they don't pull up the dealer, then I guess they are equally to blame for this fiasco...However if Swish is not the authorised dealer appointed by them, then I can't blame them...

Hi! .. thanks for your support.

Audio Excellence, i feel are no where to blame. I can't fault them for anything, but i do hope they recognize the sub as a genuine purchase and honor the warranty.

I do hope none of the HFV members are conned into buying items from such companies that misrepresent themselves to be authorized dealers.

Thanks again for your support in this.

After reading stories from both sides, I sincerely believe (as a 3rd party neutral) that Mr. Haren Asher has been very badly treated. It gives me a lot of reason to believe that Swish had no fair intentions of repairing the sub and dilly-dallying over the matter. That explains Mr. Mukesh's long silences. Swish should have clearly indicated, "Sir, we opened your sub and found an IC defective. We will have to import this from China and it will take an estimated n days to get it". I think that they did not want to take up the cost of repairs and hence the delay. I don't think that the IC was ordered in the first place otherwise they would have said, "Please bear with us for some more time, we are about to get the delivery", etc.

In a service organization, it is very important to update the customer on the facts and know the stage progress.

Wow, talking to a customer like this just because he bought something from you. Utter disgrace, no matter how bad a customer behave, customer service is to emphatize not to message him what we read above in whatsapp.

The dealer clearly did not have any intentions of looking into a customer problem, and maybe busy with more sales. You can sell a dozen of stuff, but if this is what is going in as After sales, you will not get them back ever.

I for one would never buy anything from swish now, and advocate the same strongly to all my friends.

Not sure, but it appears from the thread that Swish is a grey market dealer for def tech., and perhaps for all other lines they represent. I would not deal with these type of dealers, beause let alone warranty, I would not even trust the the items they sell are genuine. Hope that the OP gets his sub repaired to original specs.
Cheers,
Sid

Its very clear that Mr. Mr. Haren Asher has been a victim of high handed behavior and fell in the trap of a swindler.
The temperament of Swish is very clear from the treatment and its clear that he is hiding his real intention.
I also face same type of behavior from some of the "reputed" dealers in Kolkata. I know that they will do anything and say anything to save their face.

Please report this thread to the facebook page of Indian hifi community and magazine. Let the people know.

Sadly,
most dealers in India are not "dealers" they seem to be traders... and should only refer to themselves as that-- Traders....

because only traders have the right to do this -- Buy and then bye, bye!

there seems to be no ethic. very, very few dealers are true dealers. One Mr. Grattan Vaz is such. He helped me out promptly when one the tweeters failed on my (then) speakers -- Thiel CS 2.4. He got it replaced in 30 days. For free.

Another dealer who I recommend is Jochen Semler... never had anything replaced, but I am certain that he has the ethic.

Sridhar is another person who I KNOW has a business ethic.... the rest... the lesser said the better.

Akhil7J, your arguments are weak at their best. You did make a boo boo. A big one. Instead of covering up, you can take onus and set things right, and everyone will appreciate it. But, even attempting a cover up is so puerile.

I agree with Sidvee re the grey dealer bit. The very first image Haren has posted of the emails has him saying something like if you were told 3 years warranty then you'll get 3 years don't worry. That's a huge red flag in itself. Which dealer would not know warranty period on his products or if he did not know, wouldnt he go check and then revert. Which real dealer would agree to a number he's not sure of? Highly suspicious. And the language is so casual. Certainly not a dealers professional tone. Haren you should have run away right then. While this has made us aware of swish, I hope members also approach 'deals' with more caution and catch red flags like this one.

Hope you get your sub up and running soon! Woof woof ;)

Very sad to hear such turn of events for you Mr Haren . We are all with you.

For you Mr Akhil, just because you waited for 2 months for your receiver does not mean that he also has to wait for that long. This is not the 80s my friend!

As pointed above if you would have just said sorry it would would have helped your case

Such behaviour is not only wrong but also bad business sense

You are losing lot of customers by doing this

Mr. Akhil, please do not post a reply to this thread again. You can only make it worse with your pathetic, crude, unprofessional and downright rude demeanor...

Just so you understand what others are saying -
puerile
/?pyo?or?l/
Adjective
Childishly silly and trivial.
Synonyms
childish - babyish - infantile - boyish

I havent posted in Hifi Vision in a long time. But I do owe what little I know of Hifi, to this forum.

I hope this post ensures other members or new members do their due diligence before buying or interacting with people who put themselves up as dealers of a particular brand, and then refuse to be professional about servicing anything you bought from them. Hunting for the really good deal can backfire... And how!

Last year I purchased a Def Tech Pro Sub 1000 from Mr. Akhil Abrol, Partner at Swish India, Delhi. He assured me the sub was almost new, as he had bought it for his room and found it too big for his setup.

I took a demo of a similar sub at Music Ranch, and liked it. I was also told that the Def tech Subs come with a three year warranty for about 33-35k.

As Mr. Akhil said this was a like-new sub, I asked him about warranty, and he said You are simply worried about the warranty. Frankly speaking I did not knew about three years warranty. If it is 3 years then you will get 3 years only. I am a dealer now so why you are worried?

We sealed the deal for 24k, with shipping, and he gave me an official invoice as well for the purchase. (Invoice dated 11th may 2012, amounting to Rs. 25,800/- plus vat)

The sub was shipped and reached me in good condition around 17th May 2012. I put it with my system, and it worked well till March 25th 2013. About ten months.

The sub started giving me a hum. I researched hifi vision, checked polarity, checked wiring, checked placing the sub in a different room, but the hum prevailed. I called Akhil, who asked me to contact Mr. Mukesh in Bangalore who would help me out and service it for me.

I contacted Mr. Mukesh on April 6th 2013. I explained the situation, and he told me he was out of town for two days, but he would return and even offered to pick up the sub from my place, as his office is a little difficult to locate. Meanwhile he asked me to send the invoice copy to him, which I promptly did.

Mr. Mukesh, however, was not able to pick up the sub, and so I decided to drop it to his office.

On April 10th I dropped the sub at his office around 7:30pm, and was assured that within a week the sub would be returned.

A week later I messaged him for an update. I was told that the sub is with the service center and he will get back to me regarding the status. But I did not get any update.

A few days later, around April 26th, (Thursday), I again messaged for an update, and again on April 29th. And then I called him, and I was informed that the sub IC is defective, and that it will cost around 3.5-4K to replace. I informed him the sub is under warranty, so it should be covered. He said, once the IC Arrives from Bombay in 2-3 days, he would look into it and get back to me. I asked him when I should call him back, and he suggested I call around May 1st (Wednesday).

I messaged him on Tuesday, 30th April, Assuming that 1st May will be a holiday, but I got a reply sorry am in a meeting, call back later. Based on this message I also spoke to Mr. Akhil Abrol in Delhi about the long wait. Mr. Akhil also confirmed that the IC is gone, and they were waiting for it, and replacement will happen in a few days. No firm timeline was given at any point as to what a few days meant. But no calls nor any updates. Mr. Mukesh was so busy that all my requests for an update on May 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 7th went unanswered

On 7th I sent him a message requesting some courtesy to my frequent update requests for which I get a very cordial I havent been able to reply back because of my hectic travelling. The IC is still unavailable so we need to wait for this week.

I looked up Def tech website, and the Authorized Representative for Def tech in India, are Audio Excellence based in Mumbai. I assumed that the part will be coming from them.

I messaged Mr. Mukesh, telling him that I could have the IC shipped to him from Bombay if required

I was then told that the IC is coming from China, and it will still take another week to get it replaced and that I should follow up with him on email instead and not sms.

I immediately called Audio Excellence, Mr. Anil Srivastav, and enquired if the IC is available In Bombay, and whether Swish India has contacted him regarding my sub. He hadnt heard of Swish India, nor had he received any calls from them for service of the sub.

Mr. Anil gave me his service persons number, Mr. Gupta and asked me to inform Swish India to call Mr. Gupta , as he would most likely have the part required. I messaged these details to Mr. Mukesh immediately.

But I got no response.

It was a month since the Sub was given to Swish India, and I was not getting any positive responses from either of the partners of this company.

In sheer frustration, I emailed a strong letter to Mr. Mukesh, with Cc to Mr. Anil at Audio Excellence regarding the callous and unprofessional approach to service that Swish India have rendered for a Def tech subwoofer.

Mr. Mukesh finally replied, saying verbatim I will return back your sub if you are in a urgency. This cannot be serviced by swish

After 30 days of waiting, of constant follow up from my side, of lies about an IC coming from Bombay and then from china, I am told the sub, legally sold by swish, with a 3 years warranty, cannot be serviced by swish.

I was told then that The sub is my office you can collect it from there, kindly let me know what Time you will come to collect.

My work involves managing a retail store between 9am and 7:30 pm from Monday to Saturday. It is very difficult for me to come to an obscure location during my work hours. I was hoping Sunday would be most convenient for me, as his office is also his house.

On Friday May 10th 2013, I emailed him that I would like to come to his office on Sunday at 10am to pick up the sub.

I didnt get any response.

On Saturday May 11 2013, I again mailed him to confirm that I will be coming.

To which I didnt get any response either.

I went on Sunday at 10am to his office / house and his father was outside. I spoke to him, explained him that I was here as Mr Mukesh had to return a sub.

His father went into the house and called him as he wasnt in. A minute later I get a very agitated phone call from Mr Mukesh asking me why I am creating a ruckus outside his house, and that I was unprofessional to have come on a Sunday. He said he will not be able to give the sub back to me on a Sunday as I came without an appointment. He screamed that I should come back in working hours to reclaim the sub from him.

When I pointed out that I wasnt creating a ruckus and I only wanted an item which he had kept for a month back, and I came without an appointment was because he was ignoring my calls/sms and emails,

Mr Mukesh got even more agitated, screaming about how he has 15 years of customer service experience and I should know better than to come to his office on a sunday.

At which point I cut the call as it was no use. How can I get through to a person who claims 15 years customer service experience, and behaves in this manner!

His father came out again a few minutes later, and I spoke to him cordially. Told him the issues, gave him my card, and asked him to get through to Mr Mukesh that I wasnt creating a ruckus. He rightly said that its between Mukesh and me and he didnt want to get involved. Fair enough.

I sent Mr Mukesh another sms because, talking to him was impossible! I asked him to be professional and ensure that the sub is ready for me to pick up the next day at 11am.

To which I get an astounding reply Mr. Haren, I think I dont have Ronald teach you what professionalism is, I have nothing to do with you sub also, pls collect it sharp at 11am tomorrow and dont expect me to wait for you after that

I am presuming Ronald refers to his dog. If so, then I really doubt how old this Mr Mukesh is!

I reached his office today at 10:30am. The sub was waiting for me outside his door. His watchman/servant went in to inform him of my arrival, and then servant picked up the sub, put it in my car and I left!

I hope this incident is a warning enough to all those risking to deal with a company thats pointedly uncaring about after sales service! This has been by far the worst example of customer service ever!

Any detail so desired by any member regarding the sms sent/ emails sent/ or assurances made by Swish to me as per this review, I can furnish.
\

one thing u learn from this is that if u buy some expensive brand either at retail value or discounted value we have to

1.check the authenticity of the seller

2.get the serial no and verify from the authorised dealer/importer and check whether they would honour the warranty or repair if it is out of warranty? this would also help in deciding if the product is original or a Chinese rip-off

3.whether we can buy any other not so exotic brand which has better after sales service by way of network and accessibility from your place of residence?

4.the normal cost of servicing and cost of spares for routine repairs.

this is essential as for many of us this is a long term purchase and the ownership should be pleasurable and not torturous experience. perhaps FM can check with others in HFV before taking the plunge as wider consultation would definitely help.

For the benefit of prospective buyers, can hifivision.com forum prepare a list of black listed dealers/shops ? Common sense says swish India should be there at the top of the list ... If swish India is not a true authorized dealer for def tech, then this should be brought to the notice of def tech representatives for creating bad reputation to the brand name.

I think Most dealers and distributors don't realize that Internet Messages are permanent.

They dole out bad customer service assuming that it will not affect their business. In olden days this was true , even a damning consumer court ruling or bad news paper article was never damaging in the long run, since very few knew about it and rarely affected buying decisions.

Today before buying anything I google "<Product> Issues" "<Product> Service" "<Product> problems" etc to understand what others are facing.

I thank Mr Asher and people like him who bring these issues to the public so that others can be careful when dealing with such people or products.

My sympathies with you Haren. I would have fallen into the same trap.
Thanks for sharing.

What is very disconcerting is Mr. Akhils response. Especially considering the fact that he is a member of this forum and has a significant number of posts.

Some people never learn and grow up.:mad:

My sympathies with you Haren. I would have fallen into the same trap.
Thanks for sharing.

What is very disconcerting is Mr. Akhils response. Especially considering the fact that he is a member of this forum and has a significant number of posts.

Some people never learn and grow up.:mad:

He too had bad experience with dealers/traders but when he is at receiving end reacted differently. http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-fe...c-experience-www-theitdepot-com-cheaters.html

Last edited:
Its very clear that Mr. Mr. Haren Asher has been a victim of high handed behavior and fell in the trap of a swindler.
The temperament of Swish is very clear from the treatment and its clear that he is hiding his real intention.
I also face same type of behavior from some of the "reputed" dealers in Kolkata. I know that they will do anything and say anything to save their face.

Please report this thread to the facebook page of Indian hifi community and magazine. Let the people know.

Hey!

thanks for your support.

I suppose it would be helpful to those outside this forum as well. I request you to share the link to this to your friends or if you're a member of any hifi community .

regards
Haren Asher

Dude, are you even aware of what you are writing here? You just lost loads of customers by writing such a childish reply against a well documented ordeal.

Please get your act straight as your 15 years of customer service just went to the dogs. :mad::mad::mad:

>>
Macha Haren - Do not settle with this company. Drag him to the consumer court. He claims to have loads of satisfied customers but that does not JUSTIFY this.

Peace
Dosai

Very well written Mr Hasher.! Well I don't have much time to read all of it but you better write truth.

First of all Deftech has 1 year warranty from where the 3 years warranty came? Same thing you told to Mr Mukesh and got us both confused.

2nd you told me that Mukesh already has the IC at his service center and only replacement is pending while the IC was still under shipment.

3rd, You didn't call me to confirm whether you can drop the Sub at Mukesh's office. You called him straight away and gave the sub. I was not aware of this. You called me after 20 days or something and told me the situation. Here you are writing different stories.

Service issues take time. You sorted out everything from yourself. Contacted Audio Excellence and asked for warranty. Who told you to do that? When we were giving you warranty which we committed then what was the need to contacting them?

Then you wrote a big harsh email to us CC Audio Excellence and you thought we would say sorry? Well this not how business runs. If you wanted the service done from Audio Excellence then we said the same thing. You can do what you wanted to.

We told many times that your sub will be repaired and you need not to worry. But you lost your patience and started doing research on your own.

Then you came on Sunday to collect your sub when everyone one in this world knows that Sunday is off. If you have off on Sunday and you came to collect your sub that doesn't mean that we will work for you. Then you told Mr. Mukesh's father to carry the sub for you from the store and give to you on the gate? Was it a good thing to do?

We have hundreds of customers and many contacted for warranty and none had any complaint. My own AVR got faulty and I waited for 2 months to get it repaired. Service takes time. Usually we import the parts directly from the company and it takes time.

None of our customers have any complaint from us. Many are here in Hifivision and you can ask how smoothly the deal went.

Writing simply lies in this forum won't make any difference. We have many customers and all are happy because they have patience.

Creating issues, speaking lies and shouting doesn't get the things done.

Good luck and have a nice day..!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back