An ordeal with Swish India (Bangalore). A bitter experience.Buyers Be Very Aware!

An update!

I have now given the Sub to Music Ranch, the Authorised Sub Dealer for Audio Excellence.

I have spoken with Mr. Mukesh of Music Ranch, who was not able to confirm whether the sub would be covered under warranty or not. But said he would look into it after he got back from out of stations.

Meanwhile, i went through my emails with Mr. Akhil, and in one of them he had mentioned that the sub was originally purchased from Audio Excellence.

I call Mr. Gupta of Audio Excellence, and have informed him about the sub being with Music Ranch.
I also enquired, just to make sure, what the exact warranty is on the Definitive Technology subwoofers, and he has confirmed to me that it is actually for 3 years, and he has orally confirmed to me that the sub will be taken care of under warranty.

Music ranch person, Mr. Manju has confirmed that he will update me on the progress by wednesday or thursday.

Crossing my fingers!
Thanks for all the support guys.

regards
Haren Asher

That's great news Haren, things look positive now. I'm sure things will be taken care of now the way they were meant to be.

Last edited:
Haren thanks for sharing your bitter experience with HFV... Come to think about it I had audition speakers when I was building my system.. didnt expect something like this to happen with this dealer

Its a sad story. What is even more ridiculous is the response given by some associate of the seller/dealer on this thread. Surely made an a$$ of himself in an open forum. Hope you get the sub serviced without another episode of this ordeal.

Update#2

and The ordeal continues! ..

Gave Sub to Authorised Dealer - Music Ranch on 16th May

Was informed that he would be out of town, but can only check the sub on 20th or 21st.

On 22nd I call, only to be told that it is in service, and he will get back to me soon.

On 24th I met mr mukesh personally, and he explained me very nicely the need to buy stuff only from authorised dealers and we had a cordial chat about various things. I was told the sub did have a lot of issues and that the items can get replaced under warranty. the only caveat was that i would have to pay for shipping up and down.

We discussed shipping costs, and was told that it would be around 3000/- Rs. 3500/- to and fro. I told him, if the cost of of repair is same as shipping , then i am willing to pay Rs. 3000 to him only. Instead of risking shipping charges up and down, risking handling, etc etc.

I also told him about my upcoming singapore trip for which i was leaving on june 1st. I was assured that by thursday/friday(may30/31) i would be told the costs. But no call came.

I Came back and called him the day i landed (june 7th). I was told "by thursday/friday" (June 13/14) your Sub will be ready! ..

Called his office on 12th just to make sure, and spoke to Mr. Manju. Was informed, the parts have left Audio Excellence that day, and they expect it to arrive on Friday/ saturday. He told me i can expect the sub by Mon/tuesday. I requested him to ensure i receive the sub on Saturday. He said he will "get back to me".

Called mr Mukesh today, who said the sub is "under testing" for a few days and now i can get the sub back on "wednesday/Thursday". (jun 19/20)

!@##@#$@#@#!

Spoke to Anil Srivastav of Audio Excellence just now. Apparently he had asked Mukesh to send the sub to Audio excellence for repair. I told him i will bear the shipping charges, and it was no longer a question of money. He's going to speak to Mr mukesh and get it sorted.

i do hope that Audio Excellence, is indeed "Excellent". or else i am royally Sc!@#ed!

Is this just a one off thing with Music ranch / or def tech or the hifi world in general? how do the serious / stalwarts of this world get service?

Is this the "price" to pay for wanting superior sound? .. are we all better of buying htibs/hi end computer speakers? .. arrrrggh!

I am following this thread since it started. Really sad to see how people take on ride someone's sentiments. They does not serve to already scant customer base of HQ HiFi. Hope it sorts out soon.

Now I am proud to be a DIYer. I can put things in with my choice. Not on anyone's mercy.

Hey Guys!! ..

Just wanted to close this Conversation with an very positive experience with Audio Excellence.

After my last update, I got a Call Back from Mr. Anil of Audio Excellence. His team and Music Ranch were in touch and the part was duly sent back to Music Ranch after thorough Testing. Mr Anil reassured me of resolving the issue and to call him for any future problems directly.

I picked up the sub on a thursday, as Mr. Mukesh wanted to further test it.

I have used the sub everyday since, and its about a month now and no more issues have come up. The sub is as good as new and am happy again :D!! ..

Thank you all at HFV for the morale boosting and the support!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back