An update on my set up

Very nice set up Vasu. Try covering the TV with cloth when listening to music. You should get better imaging

superb setup with drool gear
this id definetely another league from your older gear

the equipment platforms
what are they?
they arent "soundbases" are they?

Last edited:
Vasu, great set of componets/Setup... now you should spend your time in tweaking to get the best out of it ;)
Completely agree with Prem on his suggestion on covering the TV.

Very nice set up Vasu. Try covering the TV with cloth when listening to music. You should get better imaging

Thanks Prem! I always cover the tv while listening music and keep the components covered when not playing to save them from dust.

superb setup with drool gear
this id definetely another league from your older gear

the equipment platforms
what are they?
they arent "soundbases" are they?

Thanks Magma,
Those are not soundbases but just blocks of wood. I was trying them to see whether they benefit in sound quality. Though the sound cleaned up a little but it turned little too lean for my taste. I have now placed the components directly on the shelf without any platform.
Regards
Vasu

Superb set up Vasu!
The Nighthawk rocks don't it? Give it about 100 hrs of burn in and then see how it does!
Mine's now burnt in and it sounds like a different animal altogether!

Superb set up Vasu!
The Nighthawk rocks don't it? Give it about 100 hrs of burn in and then see how it does!
Mine's now burnt in and it sounds like a different animal altogether!

Thanks malvai!
The Nighhawks is major upgrade from Project phono SE which i had before. I am listening only vinyl nowadays :)
Regards

Thanks malvai!
The Nighhawks is major upgrade from Project phono SE which i had before. I am listening only vinyl nowadays :)
Regards

You know, I have put the nighthawk against Phono's twice the price and it still comes up a winner! You'll be in for quite a surprise when you do about 80hrs of listening on it!

The sound opens out on even more on both extremes. And it becomes even more revealing! So choose your records very very carefully... don't buy seconds if in bad condition... it'll show up very very evidently... this baby doesn't sweeten or flatter the recordings at all!

The sound opens out on even more on both extremes. And it becomes even more revealing! So choose your records very very carefully... don't buy seconds if in bad condition... it'll show up very very evidently... this baby doesn't sweeten or flatter the recordings at all

Thanks Malvai! Will keep that in mind.
Regards

Great music system Vasu.

I am sure the warmth of the tubes and the airiness of the Usher is complementing each other.

That VPI looks nice. Never heard one though. Try and move the TV out of the room if possible. Your imaging will improve.

Congratulations !

Great music system Vasu.

I am sure the warmth of the tubes and the airiness of the Usher is complementing each other.

That VPI looks nice. Never heard one though. Try and move the TV out of the room if possible. Your imaging will improve.

Congratulations !

Thanks Square Wave,
Yes, the components complement each other. The sound is open without any congestion.
Cannot take out the tv because i love to watch movies sometime. I cover the tv with a thick bedsheet while listening to music.
Regards

WOW!

I wish I had seen this post a month back as I was in Calcutta and could have visted you. You know how it is with addicts...Anyways what tubes does the amp use?

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 2A3/ Sugden A21a> Highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

WOW!

I wish I had seen this post a month back as I was in Calcutta and could have visted you. You know how it is with addicts...Anyways what tubes does the amp use?

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 2A3/ Sugden A21a> Highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

Hello Helium,
you are most welcome. Just give me a call when you are here.
This amp came with Gold Lion KT88 tubes.
Regards
Vasu

I can vouch for Vasu being an excellent host! He hasnt yet accepted my invite to return his hospitality though.

Thanks George,
it's been two years since i visited Bangalore. I will surely meet you whenever next i am in Banagalore.
Regards
Vasu

I have a dedicated power line from the mains to my audio set up. The building main is three storey below. The line is done with 6 sqmm Finolex copper wire. There is an isolator switch in between. The 1st duplex receptacle is 7 feet from isolator switch and the 2nd duplex receptacle is 10ft from the 1st receptacle.
Yesterday i replaced the last 17 feet of Finolex wire (from isolator switch to receptacles) with Audio Art Power 1.
The result with the change:- Sound is more holographic, open and dynamic with no edginess at all. Bass also gained one or two octave in depth.
I have a Zephyr power conditioner & Eaton Double Conversion online UPS which i am sure will gather dust after this tweak.
Regards
Vasu

Some pics:
img1356bg.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1355ln.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1354x.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a dedicated power line from the mains to my audio set up. The building main is three storey below. The line is done with 6 sqmm Finolex copper wire. There is an isolator switch in between. The 1st duplex receptacle is 7 feet from isolator switch and the 2nd duplex receptacle is 10ft from the 1st receptacle.
Yesterday i replaced the last 17 feet of Finolex wire (from isolator switch to receptacles) with Audio Art Power 1.
The result with the change:- Sound is more holographic, open and dynamic with no edginess at all. Bass also gained one or two octave in depth.
I have a Zephyr power conditioner & Eaton Double Conversion online UPS which i am sure will gather dust after this tweak.
Regards
Vasu
Congrats Vasu - The grid rules .
Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back