Analogue warmth?

It’s like putting “fun” into fundamentals of audio recording?

I have a feeling this is going to be trend for the future. Fed by new understanding of psychoacoustics and big data from streaming and listeners choices … higher quality audio recordings “tailored” to each of our preferences…

Last edited:
It does not matter what or how a recordist composes.
The audio system should reproduce it as accurately as possible.
That is why it is critical to listen to tuning tracks to assess a system.
Examples include the IASCA collections that provide a pictorial representation of the stage and depth with each song (instrument location, relative decibel levels etc).

I did not see the video but is it implying that effects be used for a digitally recorded or synthesised signal to make it sound like it was an analog recording, like it was recorded by using big tube microphones or analog processors.

I did not see the video but is it implying that effects be used for a digitally recorded or synthesised signal to make it sound like it was an analog recording, like it was recorded by using big tube microphones or analog processors.

Do watch. When he starts demonstrating headphones are useful.
Dry style of presentation but he obviously knows his subject. It did give me a deeper insight into modern recording processes and the sound engineers choices, decision making and control over the final product that we hear/consume.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back