Android auto audio output

Akshit2111

Hi everyone
I used android auto yesterday for the very first time and i was quite shocked to hear the audio output.
The output is literally very low. I understand the stock speakers may not be of good quality but the output was considerably lower as compared to Bluetooth.
Is there fix around this?

How are you connecting to your ICE?
If you are using USB then I think you need to use the primary USB port.

I had this problem when I rented a car and faced the same issue.

Hi everyone
I used android auto yesterday for the very first time and i was quite shocked to hear the audio output.
The output is literally very low. I understand the stock speakers may not be of good quality but the output was considerably lower as compared to Bluetooth.
Is there fix around this?
Can you please elaborate what you meant by "output is low", did you mean that the output volume is low or that the sound quality is very bad? My understanding is that both Android Auto and CarPlay doesn't do transcoding to a lossy audio codec in case of USB (i.e. decoded output from the player app in mobile like Spotify/MusicPlayer is passed as is without further loss). But in case of Wireless connection with the headunit a lossy codec is used.

Can you please elaborate what you meant by "output is low", did you mean that the output volume is low or that the sound quality is very bad? My understanding is that both Android Auto and CarPlay doesn't do transcoding to a lossy audio codec in case of USB (i.e. decoded output from the player app in mobile like Spotify/MusicPlayer is passed as is without further loss). But in case of Wireless connection with the headunit a lossy codec is used.
Output low i meant in terms of volume.

Output low i meant in terms of volume.
Is the volume low for both Navigation Alerts as well as media playback? Btw, wonder if the media volume on the phone has any impact in this case. Can you try by setting the volume slider to 100% in phone and then plug-in the USB cable? Also does the phone have any DSP audio post processing options or tone control. Can you try if disabling any of those have any effect?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back