Androind Stagefright updates - issues on Nexus 5

arnprasad

Hi,

last weekend my Nexus 5 got a OTA update after which I am having several issues as follows:

(a) my wallpaper changed to default Android wall paper
(b) all my notification sounds changed. So when I go to Settings, sounds and notification and phone ringtone -it doesnt take me to a default folder which has all the default ring tones but shows me ES file viewer..using that I go to to my music folder and when I select that for ring tone - i got mp3 and ogg files..it says "wrong file type" - now I am stuck with a useless ring tone - I am unable to choose my own file nor am I getting a folder where Android/LG save the default ring tones. I installed a ring tone app but phone is not letting that change the default ring tone
(c) When I try to play a music file mp3 on google music player - gives me "music playback error"

Now when I google - there are tons of pages where both the errors I am getting has been discussed but the solutions dont work on my phone.

Did anyone else encounter this on their NExus 5 phones recently? any help will be greatly appreciated as i have many missed calls as the default ring tone volume is low ..Thx

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back