Annoying permanent Ads on some channels

jbgude

Friends

Have you noticed the habbit of several channels Star/ Zee cafe/ FX /Animal Planet etc displaying cross promotion ads for their programmes at random places on the screen, often obscuring the faces of characters and often also hiding the sub titles scolling at the bottom ?

Currently Star HD and SD channel has had an ad permanently for the past 24hrs for their upcoming serial "luv2 hate u" ? All such ads should be

We are paying for the programmes and while it is understandable that these channels generate their revenues with ads -these ads by the channels themselves are distracting - suddenly having a man shooting a gun appear on the screen -unrelated to the current programme is jarring-and takes away from the enjoyment.
On a related theme the IBF seems to be discrimantory in asking only certain channels to displaying their ads inviting complaints from viewers. Their web site does not accept anything other specific complaints against contents of a programme. If they are impartial- then ALL channels including DD should be asked to run the banner displays!

Please join me in sending a protest / and also mentioning this on your twitter/ Facebook accounts- so that the various channel execs and IBF get the message!

This annoying practice was started with videocasettes..then spread to cable.

Anyone has history of intrusion?? I remember first ads in Manoj Kumars Magnum Opus "Cleark" ...a picture happening in some different world.

These serve as reminders for tuning in, especially for new show launches. With airtime being super-precious and viewers anyway tuning out during breaks, it is merely a way to catch viewers' attention and inform about new shows.

I do agree it has to be more aesthetically done (transparent on-screen elements, appearing every few minutes, being on screen for no more than 10 seconds).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back