Another one goes down

ranjeetrain

While we continue to debate heatedly whether or not MNCs should be allowed to enter Indian retail market, MNCs, one after the other are having second thoughts of entering Indian market. Forget new ones entering the market, existing ones are closing shops. Latest in the chain is - HP's printing arm - SnapFish.

SnapFish is winding up operations from India. It's users, who stored their pics online for printing from them are given an opportunity till Sep-16 to download the high resolution copies of their photos.

Sad to see this happen. Regardless of what we might think of our economy, as a consumer market we are still in infancy stage. Or so it seems!

Unfortunately for us, almost all our "Netas" and "Babus"think that we do not need investment, " Inglis" , or the imagined other things that corrupt "our Culture". India can survive driving Bullock carts and burning " Gobar Gas" and can remain there as long as they can control everything.
Did you see the recent remark of the Sports Secretary comment on Formula 1 races in India: " We do not need the F1" : it such types that will drive us down to the level of of the worst underperforming countries in the world.

What surprises me the most is the level to which Indian politics and governance has fallen. I have been reading about people referring to women as tunch maal and stuff. Where will this stop. There is a very sharp decline in overall moral values. Its not a problem we are experiencing. Its a huge social crisis. Politicians are definitely to be blamed. But an equally bigger role is being played by the corporate world, bollywood and TV media productions in ruining the soul of Indian culture. When I look at the wordings and contents being served to young children, adults and senior citizens by the TV, I find it hard to believe what we have come to be. A ruined lot, as individuals, as a society.

What shocks me is not the loss in morals and values, but the speed with which it is happening. The extent to which this is happening. And there is no sign of it stopping.

Our politicians are from among us. Their language, behavior, thinking, approach, character everything is a reflection of us, as a society. Its not our politicians alone. Media, corporates, TV, we ourselves are all responsible for this debacle.

What surprises me the most is the level to which Indian politics and governance has fallen. I have been reading about people referring to women as tunch maal and stuff. Where will this stop. There is a very sharp decline in overall moral values. Its not a problem we are experiencing. Its a huge social crisis. Politicians are definitely to be blamed. But an equally bigger role is being played by the corporate world, bollywood and TV media productions in ruining the soul of Indian culture. When I look at the wordings and contents being served to young children, adults and senior citizens by the TV, I find it hard to believe what we have come to be. A ruined lot, as individuals, as a society.

What shocks me is not the loss in morals and values, but the speed with which it is happening. The extent to which this is happening. And there is no sign of it stopping.

Our politicians are from among us. Their language, behavior, thinking, approach, character everything is a reflection of us, as a society. Its not our politicians alone. Media, corporates, TV, we ourselves are all responsible for this debacle.

Couldn't agree with you more !! Am saddened and deeply disgusted at all the happenings,I feel helpless and weak when I see these in front of my eyes and I cannot do jack S bout it !

To add to the woes,in my experience what I have noticed is no matter what good company opens their business in India instead of continuing their world class standards they immediately adopt the Indian way of doing business !!

So within no time they learn the intricacy of the same and act thusly,you have to almost die to get a proper response if your stuff fails,Be it electronics or anything from a MNC !

I myself have been a victim of many such instances which is out of the scope of this thread so will not bother,but suffice to say we have to wake up to the reality and do something bout this !

What also surprises me is,Now I see some young blood in the hot seats (read young politicians in power), While I see no new things from them or at east an attempt from to change things they are very happy to join chorus of their older counterparts in whatever matter that is discussed,whether is corruption or social security or................

The states of affairs are so poor that I sometimes wonder it is worth it to still continue to live here or should I just move on like countless others have done,Shift to some other country and be at peace.

But the Indian in me somehow manages to keep me convinced and make me stay put......

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more !! Am saddened and deeply disgusted at all the happenings,I feel helpless and weak when I see these in front of my eyes and I cannot do jack S bout it !

To add to the woes,in my experience what I have noticed is no matter what good company opens their business in India instead of continuing their world class standards they immediately adopt the Indian way of doing business !!

So within no time they learn the intricacy of the same and act thusly,you have to almost die to get a proper response if your stuff fails,Be it electronics or anything from a MNC !

I myself have been a victim of many such instances which is out of the scope of this thread so will not bother,but suffice to say we have to wake up to the reality and do something bout this !

What also surprises me is,Now I see some young blood in the hot seats (read young politicians in power), While I see no new things from them or at east an attempt from to change things they are very happy to join chorus of their older counterparts in whatever matter that is discussed,whether is corruption or social security or................

The states of affairs are so poor that I sometimes wonder it is worth it to still continue to live here or should I just move on like countless others have done,Shift to some other country and be at peace.

But the Indian in me somehow manages to keep me convinced and make me stay put......

Can't agree more with you. Highlighted parts are exact my sentiments too.

As a youngster when I used to hear about people settling abroad, I used to look down upon them. My feeling was that they have given up on their motherland for money and convenience. But now that I am seeing the stark contrast between the living abroad and living in India, I know the difference. It is not just about money. It is not just about conveniences. It's about quality of life. It's about peace. It's about the way people develop. It's about what they achieve.

We have no atmosphere of growth. By and large, we are still living in 19th century. Sad :sad:

Just to share this news: SnapFish has exited, but will be replaced by a similar service. http://www.photojaanic.com/

As a youngster when I used to hear about people settling abroad, I used to look down upon them. My feeling was that they have given up on their motherland for money and convenience. But now that I am seeing the stark contrast between the living abroad and living in India, I know the difference. It is not just about money. It is not just about conveniences. It's about quality of life. It's about peace. It's about the way people develop. It's about what they achieve.

Exactly what I'm going through and how I feel too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back