Another one goes down!

ranjeetrain

So here is the news!

DynAudio has been effectively acquired by a small time Hong Kong player. GoerTek! Never heard about it. DynAudio! Always looked at with envy, hoping some day I'll get to own an Evidence Master. Alas, I never got to own a DynAudio, and I never will!

GoerTek has revealed that it has acquired the majority of shares in Dynaudio. http://www.goertek.com/en/newsdetail.php?category_id=37&file_id=240

What a sad day for the audio world!

i would also like to look at it differently since at least it is an Acoustic company and hope that it looks at preserving the heritage and not playing around with them financially, at least this way it will be maintained else they might just die (list of defunct audio companies)

there are so many other brands who are owned by Fund houses that may end up worse

Eg Quad, KEF, Mission,Wharfedale , Peerless etc are all chinese held today

I think Dynaudio had changed seen some change in ownership a few years back (around 2008-09) with investors coming on board. This would be the second change I guess.

.....may end up worse

Eg Quad, KEF, Mission,Wharfedale , Peerless etc are all chinese held today

I am familiar with the first 3 and used Mission 783 for my HT. The Audax driver made in France failed twice within the warranty period. By the time, the time I sort them out the company's ownership changed hand. I received the replacement part made in China and lasted almost ten years till I sold them off.

Sometime customers' have preconceived idea of a certain product based on where they are made. I know people here in Malaysia refuses to buy VW because they are made/assembled in India. Some "Indian" friends who owned Volvos since the 60s refused to buy the newer modal because they are now owned by Chinese company.

My iPhone/ipad/ipod were made in China. I believe my Marantz AVR is also made in China even though the dealer assured me that it was made in Japan. All of them are working fine.

I do agree that place of manufacturing isn't the only thing. There are subjects such as quality control. American companies (say Apple) have an upper hand despite manufacturing in China due to two primary reason. One, it has complete control over the quality of the products made for it and two, American laws protect an importer against substandard products. Not all countries in the world have same level of sophistication in their law or it's enforcement. Neither all companies can boast of finicky quality control of say Apple. So the place of manufacturing is quite important for many, including Indians.

Next point is the direction a company take when it's driven more (or purely) by business interest. Luxman was sold and it almost went biting the dust. It wasn't until Luxman was bought back that the brand Luxman was resurrected. Just an example from the top my mind.

I am not suggesting that DynAudio is necessarily headed for a down-slide. But I am quite afraid, it might be on the path to be.

Maybe we will see dynaudio speakers come with spy cams. :)

Focal taking over Naim isn't much news as it it 2 audio companies working together.

Most of the pure audio companies don't have much in terms of turnover are are takeover targets.

The Chinese company has not given out a plan as to
What they plan with dynaudio. It's general platitudes and
I think that's not a good omen. I read an article on whathifi.com

For a successful take over... Both companies need complimentary strengths and I don't know if that's the case here.

But anyways..we hope for the best despite all the scepticism.

Regards

Ambio said:
I would like to think otherwise. Cheaper and better products.
Im sorry but CHEAPER IS NOT BETTER!!!! (Cheaper is crap usually (Especially now))

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back