Another user of Usher Be-718

Bobby

Hi friends,
I am glad to let you all know that my jump from dunaudio audiance 72 to BE-718 has eliminated all my doubts and fear, I have been listening to usher now for almost 2 months and reached its fair enough break in period,hence the time now to write few of my emotions for it.
Electronics i am using currently..

McCormack DNA 125
lyrita audio's tube pre
Naim nait 5i
Nad Bee 542
lyrita audio's interconnects and speaker cables
DIY stand (All stainless steel) quite firm and solid, each of 20kg.

Infact i was happy with dyna until i listened to usher BE 718 :D and the best thing i could find in usher is they are not power hungry like dyna's so listening at low volume or pairing it with low wattage amp is not an issue..
I knew what i was going to miss and what i was going to get if i jump from a floorstander to Bookself but believe me i could never imagine the improvement in overall sound quality am getting from these tiny dancers, What a sound stage,wide and open, accurate bass extension,details, midrange, :D
I smile with joy and Wows: this is what I was searching for: smooth treble, very natural sounding vocals, lots of details, good punching and pretty fast bass, very very musical, it keeps you sit even if you are listening to some poor recordings, Get the placement right and youll be amazed on the low clout it can produce for its size.
Though the every centime is worth million, i would say tweeter used in it is matchless given the price (beryllium) I didn't have any idea about the tweeter before i bought this speaker, i only have heard about it but now after sufficient break in when i listen to my favorite music, it really takes me to cloud nine :clapping:
In my opinion BE-718 is one of the best versatile stand mounts in this price bracket. They don't care if one is into jazz, acoustical, classical, pop or rock as they handle all musical preferences with equal talent and emotion. This is not the case with many other high end speaker which seem to prefer jazz, vocals or classical but seem fall apart with fast acoustical or rock/pop.
These tiny dancers are recommended to all those who are looking for a versatile speaker with rich sound quality as well as quantity in the price range.
I heartily thanks Mr Shridhar from ARN systems for introducing me to such great speakers..

Hi Bobby,
Congratulations on your tiny dancers. You have a great system there. Just 2 questions:
1. Is there any details of your diy stainlesssteel stand anywhere in this forum?
2. Have you done any modding of the lyrita pre or is it just as Viren Bakhshi sells them?
Regards

Great choice Bobby.

The Be-718s are fantastic stand mount speakers. I too owned a pair of Floor standing speakers before the Be-718. But, these tiny dancers sound anything but tiny!!

What are you doing with 3 amps and a pair of speakers (unless you bought 3 pairs)? Usually its the other way around.

Hi friends,

McCormack DNA 125
lyrita audio's tube pre
Naim nait 5i
Nad Bee 542

Hi Bobby
I am glad you are enjoying your speakers, yes they do sound very nice especially once broken-in :). I have heard the very same combo that you have at ROC's place, except that ROCs tube pre is a modded on and uses a nice source. I would recommend that you look at the mods to the Lyrita pre to extract more out of it. Also experiment with speaker placement if you can and rake angle (makes a difference)

cheers
Sridhar

price of these speaker is 1lac10k. If sridhar gives discount, that is different !

Thanks for the appreciation buddies..

1. Is there any details of your diy stainlesssteel stand anywhere in this forum?
2. Have you done any modding of the lyrita pre or is it just as Viren Bakhshi sells them?
Regards
Asit i haven't made any mod to lyrita's pre yet but as per suggestions i would surely look for it later..And there is no details as such about the stands i have build, I'll give you the specifications if you want and try to post some pictures too.

What are you doing with 3 amps and a pair of speakers (unless you bought 3 pairs)? Usually its the other way around.

Sir i have only two stereo amplifiers, not three:yahoo: so i love both..
Some times Mcy and sometimes naim:D No harm in it i guess

Hi Bobby
I would recommend that you look at the mods to the Lyrita pre to extract more out of it. Also experiment with speaker placement if you can and rake angle (makes a difference)

cheers
Sridhar

Thanks shridhar ji
I will definitely follow your advices and shall update you.

Hi friends,
I am glad to let you all know that my jump from dunaudio audiance 72 to BE-718 has eliminated all my doubts and fear, I have been listening to usher now for almost 2 months and reached its fair enough break in period,hence the time now to write few of my emotions for it.

McCormack DNA 125
lyrita audio's tube pre
Naim nait 5i
Nad Bee 542

Infact i was happy with dyna until i listened to usher BE 718 :D and the best thing i could find in usher is they are not power hungry like dyna's so listening at low volume or pairing it with low wattage amp is not an issue..
I knew what i was going to miss and what i was going to get if i jump from a floorstander to Bookself but believe me i could never imagine the improvement in overall sound quality am getting from these tiny dancers, What a sound stage,wide and open, accurate bass extension,details, midrange, :D
I smile with joy and Wows: this is what I was searching for: smooth treble, very natural sounding vocals, lots of details, good punching and pretty fast bass, very very musical, it keeps you sit even if you are listening to some poor recordings, Get the placement right and youll be amazed on the low clout it can produce for its size.
Though the every centime is worth million, i would say tweeter used in it is matchless given the price (beryllium) I didn't have any idea about the tweeter before i bought this speaker, i only have heard about it but now after sufficient break in when i listen to my favorite music, it really takes me to cloud nine :clapping:
In my opinion BE-718 is one of the best versatile stand mounts in this price bracket. They don't care if one is into jazz, acoustical, classical, pop or rock as they handle all musical preferences with equal talent and emotion. This is not the case with many other high end speaker which seem to prefer jazz, vocals or classical but seem fall apart with fast acoustical or rock/pop.
These tiny dancers are recommended to all those who are looking for a versatile speaker with rich sound quality as well as quantity in the price range.
I heartily thanks Mr Shridhar from ARN systems for introducing me to such great speakers..

Which amp do you prefer to match with BE 718 ? McCormack or Naim nait 5i !

Cheers
Sameer

Both are one step ahead in their fields..
Naim is suppose to be the cleanest sounding amplifier i have ever come across, meant for fast,accurate,forceful presentation, whereas McCormack sounds like tubes amp..Its more detailed and soft comparatively, I dont mean that Naim is not suitable for jazz or classical but i like McCormack more for such recordings :)
To me, both does well with usher.

Last edited:
Both are one step ahead in their fields..
Naim is suppose to be the cleanest sounding amplifier i have ever come across, meant for fast,accurate,forceful presentation, whereas McCormack sounds like tubes amp..Its more detailed and soft comparatively, I dont mean that Naim is not suitable for jazz or classical but i like McCormack more for such recordings :)
To me, both does well with usher.

Thank you.I may visit ARN systems to audition few more amps very soon and update you about shindos & others.

Sameer

Hi,
As far as i have heard, auditioned & read, i dont think there is even 1% chance of anybody 'not-liking' the BE-718's. Usher has always been very under-rated till now, as they probably dint believe in advertising like say B&W's or Dynaudio or Dali, & the list goes on....
After one auditions the 718's, there is no room left to take a 2nd opinion from reviewers or hyped comments on the net. This 'Tiny' speaks for itself and thats EXACTLY what a speaker or component has to do. There are no words to describe the involvement one gets when listening to these Ushers. But one note of caution... many have bought these & have placed them as per their convenience. This is the worst thing to do... These speakers need room to breathe & they open-up to amazing levels of details & sound-staging, when placed properly. If spacing is restricted due to room size, then its a different issue, but when one has the space & dont bother to experiment with placement, then he is losing the virtue of being a part of the audience.
Sridhar is a fantastic guy to deal with. In a place like India, where all the high-end brands are pouring in, seldom do the dealers have a penny of knowledge with what they are selling. Im glad & extremely glad to see, that dealing with Sridhar is in a different league. He knows his work, & he knows it right. Giving the right kind of Demo, is the key to evaluate any component, & he is just about perfect in this regard.

And returning to the Tiny Dancers, summing up in one line " One has to be deaf or anti-audiophilic, so as to not like them"...

Junaid

Having owned these (the US Version with the upgaded crossover parts) in Pioneer White, I would say these are excellent value for the money. However, their performance can be improved upon much more :) Such is the way to audiophilia la la land...

They can work fine with low wattage but they really need some watts to open up and sing. I would do a tube preamp with solid state amplification.

Have fun!

:clapping:Congrats man, good buy, I hold a CP6311, the first one to take when Sridhar brought them here. Quite satisfied.

And Kudos to Sridhar and his team, recently I had a small issue with my system which I had to inform him.. The way it was attended and resolved by them is really must mention here. All that concern he had, the response and resolution.. great.

There are many great products, but will remain great and not selling, unless it is supported..

Today I am more happier than the day I actually bought that great product..

My simple Kit: Odyssey Stratos
Odyseey Etesian
Arcam CD73
Pioneer DV355(Pretty old, time to say goodbye)
Usher CP6311 (Real beauty in looks & sound)
QED Silver Anniversary XT dual run (Biwired)

Soon I will comeback with my subjective opinion on these.. Till then.. keep enjoying..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back