Anoushka Shankar Live in Mumbai and Delhi

Santy

anoushka_shankar_06.jpg

I have booked already (4th row). Quite excited!

Thu 12, Dec 2013, 7 PM
@ Shanmukhananda Hall: Mumbai

Sat 14, Dec 2013, 7 PM
@ Talkatora Stadium: Delhi

Great. How was the quality of the amplification?

Do you remember how many tracks were played? Does she play only those tracks from the specific album :Traces of you, in this case. Or it will include her other hits as well?

I read that this auditorium in Mumbai has very good acoustics. Let's see. Anyone else coming to the event?

I believe that she featured music and musicians from her then-recent album, which had a spanish flavour, but I never heard the album.

The sound quality was excellent, but it was presented in one of Chennai's best auditoria anyway.

A friend of mine is one of her musicians. Otherwise I might not have gone. I'm glad I did!

Last time it was in Siri fort auditorium in Delhi. This time is in Tal Katora Stadium.

So no opinion about Shanmukhananda hall yet which means I can continue to have some expectations.

BTW, I think stadium is not a great place for a musical concert. Most horrible is an open stadium; saw Rahman's event in Navi Mumbai and the sound was nothing but disappointing. Lot of echos and reverberations.

Saw her the last time at St.Andrew's Auditorium, Bandra, where she played with a Spanish group, she was great and so is the sound system there.

Actually, I got confused about the Chennai location: it was Kamaraj Hall, which is very big, but no more than OK for comfort, etc --- but still, yes, the sound was ok.

Yes, it was the Travellers Album.

I've never been to Mumbai, but I interact with the son of the founder of Shanmukhananda, on another forum. It's a small world, especially if music is involved :)

I read that this auditorium in Mumbai has very good acoustics. Let's see. Anyone else coming to the event?

I have been to this auditorium for another event(not music) and found the acoustics to be good for the talk show. BTW where did you do the booking?

Yes;
This will be a great opportunity.
I have a concert on the 8th to attend.
I do look forward to that.
Will try and take a few pics & shall post here.
All of you may do the same.
I am not so sure how the acoustics / amplification will be, but the chance to meet with Ms. A.S. in itself is great - I am sure a Grammy Winner will give to us a 'great performance'
I so look forward to it;
My office informed me yesterday of the 'invite' - 8th December, I have it marked & saved.:cool:

Sunday, 8th December, 2013
Concert: 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Followed by Cocktails

Last edited:
bhagwanji
Are you attending this concert (AS)? Its on 12th Dec.
Are we allowed to take photographs inside the hall.

BTW she was only nominated for Grammy, didn't win I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

bhagwanji
Are you attending this concert (AS)? Its on 12th Dec.
Are we allowed to take photographs inside the hall.

BTW she was only nominated for Grammy, didn't win I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sir,
You are right;
A.S. has not won a Grammy.
Was nominated for one. My Mistake.
She is here for her new album - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traces_of_You
I will be attending a concert on the 8th of December in Mumbai.
I shall try and take pics - if I am permitted.
:eek:

Comeon guys. Book for D11, D12 seats (from left), still empty. I will have some company if you do :p

I did not get to meet Ms AS here in Chennai. I was able to chat to other musicians, but the lady herself was whisked off in a VIP cloud to VIP seclusion. Of course, I'm not a VIP, or maybe I could have slipped into the cloud!

I'm not complaining: I respect her right to privacy. She may feel more sociable some days than others. Well, I do too, so that's fine as well.

I met her father once. In fact I found myself being "interviewed" by him as to to the how and why of my interest in Indian music!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back