Antec NSK 2480 interest?

magma

hello all
i have been planning to build my HTPC

for that i require a horizontal case
the oly one i consider in my budget is the 2480 from antec especially since the SMPS is included in the cost.

now in india, Prime Abgb seems to be antec distributers however they dont seem tohave this case in stock and though ive visited them often and offered full advance payment they seem to think its too much of trouble getting just one piece since they currently dont seem to have more orders for it

i was wondering if anyone else here is intersted in getting the case.
Probably they will onsider importing a few cases if they have such a requirement.

the case goes for 6500 but i think they were offering it for 6000 once.
Dont expect group buy discount.they are wholesale importers anyway and sa they wont give any consideration

if anyone has a better idea or is interested please ping me.
P.S another important consideration for me is the case height which cannot be more than 6.5 inches which only the antec satisfies i think

if i dont get prime to import the case im gonna do what i think is the next best thing
BUILD ONE! :D

Last edited:
Magma, what a coincidence!!! Just two days ago, I was looking at the primeabgb site and saw the "No Stock, but available on order" tag on the 2480. I was wondering if I can find this in SP Road @ Bangalore, but have nto checked yet. I liked it for the same reasons like Horizontal HTPC Case, VFM because of powersupply included at that price.

Since, all my AV equipment are black, I would like to paint in black like what has been done here

I shall slowly start collecting parts for my HTPC. So, count me in for a group buy.

Last edited:
Bump!!
Any update on this magma?
Or did you lose interest in the NSK2480:)?

have not lost intrest in my HTPC or the horizonatal case
Prime was not willing to take an order even though i confirmed 4 cases including yours

so i did what i know best
BUILT the case:D
( actaully i have heavily modded an older model antec case i picked up from a seller who deals in older peripherals)

ive changed the way airflows thru the case.
modded the dual CD rom drive bay to fit 1 HDD and 1 DVD rom

threw away the default HDD bay becasue i felt the airflow wasnt correct and it was hampering / heating the procesor

entirely new custom built facia

modded top cover with added vents for air

im only having a problem procuring a 92mm fan of good quality
and imworking on better isolation for the HDD

Actaully the whole case is almost custom made now.ive just finished some fibre glass work and its gone for paint(the the starting base was an older case)

if youre really interested i could search for a starting point ( i.e a used horizontal case for you from my contact)

Photos please :D

Regards

sorry

i didnt bother to take Work in progrss photos
didnt know anyone would be interested

the front panel has already gone for paint today!

umm might be able to post the drive bay mod photos
maybe the vent cutouts.

power supply mod is quite simple
regular power supplies have the fan exhaust and power inlet on the same side
in my mod ive simply got both the items on opposite sides
easy to imagine na ( photo mangta hai kya?)

Also power supply is to be fited in Front (front left)of the casing ( rather than the rear where it mostly is)
i found the air intake in the front is better because once the HTPC is in my rack the rear portion will hardly have any fresh air ( hence this arrangement)

gobble i still need a lot of inputs on the airflow
though
some changes can be made later like positiong of fans
but ill ask you about that later when you see some pics

for now im finishing the facia,drive bays and power supply positioning

have not lost intrest in my HTPC or the horizonatal case
Prime was not willing to take an order even though i confirmed 4 cases including yours

so i did what i know best
BUILT the case:D
( actaully i have heavily modded an older model antec case i picked up from a seller who deals in older peripherals)

ive changed the way airflows thru the case.
modded the dual CD rom drive bay to fit 1 HDD and 1 DVD rom

threw away the default HDD bay becasue i felt the airflow wasnt correct and it was hampering / heating the procesor

entirely new custom built facia

modded top cover with added vents for air

im only having a problem procuring a 92mm fan of good quality
and imworking on better isolation for the HDD

Actaully the whole case is almost custom made now.ive just finished some fibre glass work and its gone for paint(the the starting base was an older case)

if youre really interested i could search for a starting point ( i.e a used horizontal case for you from my contact)

I have been thinking of going the DIY route for a while, but now will take the plunge - Inspired by you ofcourse:). For starters, I will be modding the drive bay on my current cabinet and make it a horizontal one. Will then add four stands to get the looks of an AVR. Thanks for your offer though..Cheers

Yup, FRP for the facia sounds good. Will you be adding a remote?

sorry

i didnt bother to take Work in progrss photos
didnt know anyone would be interested
Ofcourse we are interested, please post WIP pics:)

Good that you are thinking about air-flow and all. I will be watching your posts to learn...Thanks

Last edited:
yes seems the case is availble there!

grab it quick
theres another member wanting it too
hope he checks this thread

between this, and fusion, fusion max (I am aware of the price diff of 6, 10,12k) which one is adviced?
Fusion seems to have vfd/ lcd of their own - but I want better - touchscreen lcd.

I hope they have more than one. But if someone else benefits from this link, pleasure is all mine
Edit: The thought of deleting my old post with the link did cross my mind :D
yes seems the case is availble there!

grab it quick
theres another member wanting it too
hope he checks this thread

Hi Ali
We have seen people making DIY speakers, amps, few making stands and racks. But for sure you are the first one making a DIY cabinet for HTPC
I know you have access to all the tools but still just having them does not make your job easy. So hats off to your effort :)

Hi magma & you all friends,

Pls.tell what is real advantage of HTPC case other than look?
Can it really work fast & easy with remote?
Other than style ,what extra does it offer?

You may pls.correct me if I say wrong.

Primes are distributors for Silverstone too.

I called theitdepot. After that they wiped out the product from their catalog. It is not available, and would never be, it seems!

@spiro - mostly style. But there may be more advantages

1. better cooling/ airflow design
2. better damping of vibration from hdd/ optical drives
3. better interior layout
4. more rigid body (in some cases) to support stuff at the top.

Now that antec seems out of question - what are our options in the 5-8k price range?
This antec also had a power supply included.

I kind of like the SS LC 17. It has very clean front, 2 x 5.25 bays (I want to have one optical drive and then insert a touchscreen). Not sure where will I insert an IR receiver though.

regards

Hi ANM
I also could go to the product from your link but if i went through their products menu, i could not find the cabinet listed
Now your post explains why i could not

@spirovious
anm has given you the reasons as to why someone would want an expensice HTPC or mod one or build one
i have tried to incorporate all those reasons in my build

@anm
the china vision 7 inch screen is correct
thats what you should look for
they are basically screens used in Carputers and double up forhometoo

@anm
the silverstone case you selected is good
i think i was offered 8-9 k not to sure
i think theres another case which prime was willing to give me for 8300rs ( LC10BE )

@rikhav and Anm
thanks for the encouragement

ive just started a build of a dual column speaker stand ( its a replica of the B&W stand ) however i will not be able to post WIP photos on new owners request
i will try to post a completed one though

Last edited:
Back