Anthem AVR prices and alternatives

ece2k2

I currently have a Marantz SR5007 receiver and I am planning to get an Atmos AVR for my setup. I have kind of decided to go with an Anthem AVR (either MRX 720 or MRX 1120) and I would like to know their best prices in the market if someone recently purchased them. Also, please suggest if there are any credible alternatives to Anthem. I am not considering Arcam as they are too expensive for my budget.

I have kind of decided to go with an Anthem AVR (either MRX 720 or MRX 1120)

MRX 720 is a 11.2 Pre-Amplifier & 7 Amplifier Channels

MRX 1120 is a 11.2 Pre-Amplifier & 11 Amplifier Channels

Anthem can be on the expensive side..

please suggest if there are any credible alternatives to Anthem.

There are some 5.2.4 capable AVR from Denon (x4400) & Marantz (SR 6012) and 7.2.4 capable with additional power amplifier..

What is your budget? and what set-up are you looking at ?..

I believe any higher end/ flagship models of the Denon, Yamaha, Marantz lineup should match fairly well with your need. The circuits and processing get really better at these highest end of models and still comes considerably cheaper than an Anthem or a Arcam in my opinion.

I have audition Anthem MRX520 with Paradigm Monitor 9 and it was costing 125K . 5.2 AVR without Dolby Atmos and DTS X. If sound quality in music and movies is prime over features than this AVR is for you. Have audition almost all AVR from Denon, Marantz,Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer etc but Anthem is certainly different than all this. May be high end from these brands can compite with Anthem entry-level avr. Have audition Denon AVR x4000 series with Elac F5 speakers and Yamaha Advantage 2000 series with Focal speakers, in past which come close to Anthem 520 in sound quality. May be all three combo in cost bracket of 200-250k with least features Anthem have but sound quality at per with Denon and Yamaha.

If you are not concerned about the frills of features and you have the budget blindly buy Anthem. I did buy all the three 520, 720,& 1120 replacing Marantz and denon to set it up for my friends. The speakers got new lease of life and enough juice.

When you say Arcam is expensive no way Anthem is less. Since I give good sales references for Anthem in India I get special price. You can PM me just in case.

You can see my Threads about some years back in this forum.

Thanks folks for offering your valuable suggestions. I am looking for mainly sound quality and it looks Anthem is good in this aspect. Having owned denon and marantz in the past, I would like to try a newer brand as well. I am probably going with anthem mrx 720 as it seems to offer a good value.

If you are not concerned about the frills of features and you have the budget blindly buy Anthem. I did buy all the three 520, 720,& 1120 replacing Marantz and denon to set it up for my friends. The speakers got new lease of life and enough juice.

When you say Arcam is expensive no way Anthem is less. Since I give good sales references for Anthem in India I get special price. You can PM me just in case.

You can see my Threads about some years back in this forum.

I concur this & have been a loyal customer for tha last 4 years starting with MRX-500 then to 510 & finally at 710

Thinking of an upgrade to 720 in the recent days though

i am having Anthem MRX 700. Compared to Marantz, Denon and Pioneer the Surround affects in Anthem is superior after calibration.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back