Anthony Gallo Acoustics, Spendor, Focal or Triangle

samsailo

I am an audiophile and wanted a good stereo system mainly for music to pair up with Denon Amplifier.
I am looking to setup a good audio system and as per my budget I could spend around 2 lakhs for the Floorstander. I have read a few reviews and learnt that the anthony Gallos Refrence Nucleus 3.1 had a good review and costs around 1.6 lakhs. On the other hand the Spendor too costs around 1.3 lakhs for the S 8E. Focal chorus is priced around 1.4 lakhs and the Triangle genese is priced around 1.5 lakhs.

My problem lies in the fact that I found no dealer for Triangle in our country. Secondly I wanna know about the popularity and quality of the Anthony Gallos. suggest me a good speaker system fit for an audiophile with great performance and VFM. There should be no compromise on the performance.

I am an audiophile and wanted a good stereo system mainly for music to pair up with Denon Amplifier.

what model and what do you listen to?

I am looking to setup a good audio system and as per my budget I could spend around 2 lakhs for the Floorstander. I have read a few reviews and learnt that the anthony Gallos Refrence Nucleus 3.1 had a good review and costs around 1.6 lakhs. On the other hand the Spendor too costs around 1.3 lakhs for the S 8E. Focal chorus is priced around 1.4 lakhs and the Triangle genese is priced around 1.5 lakhs.

You have picked 3 good choices. There are lots of others for the price point you are looking at. Being an "audiophile", then I am assuming you want to go beyond reviews as they tend to be biased. Go ahead and audition the systems with your favourite tunes and get a feel for them. You are planning to drop a lot of Rs. on the speakers and should really be pleased with what you get at the end.

I have personally heard the Gallo Quartet. They have excellent signature but are very picky when it comes to the source. They are termed "neutral" meaning they reproduce the source reasonably closely.

Your auditioning of various systems will make you believe a particular sound (as also your listening preferences). This is the best place to start first.

My problem lies in the fact that I found no dealer for Triangle in our country.

Sorry can't help you here as I have not heard this chain. The only Fr speakers at your range I know are the Focals.

Secondly I wanna know about the popularity and quality of the Anthony Gallos. suggest me a good speaker system fit for an audiophile with great performance and VFM. There should be no compromise on the performance.

Popularity does not induce musical or aural satisfaction, so keep them separate. You can get very good performance from other players in teh price range as I mentioned before. So really depends on what sound signature you like (forward, neutral, laid back). I personally prefer a slight colouration to my sound as I prefer to feel a large dynamic soundstage.

Hi Sam,

I would go with Anthony Gallos but then as others have pointed out it's a fairly neutral signature, which means a warts-and-all presentation that may show up (quite a) few inferior recordings/ sources. The rest of the signal processing chain needs to be spot on.

Triangle have authorised representation here in Mumbai, if you want I can pm you the details. He should be happy to ship anywhere connected by air. Triangles are slightly bright on the top-end and have a colouration that some absolutely love, however amps should be selected with care. I have heard a Unico hybrid (tube pre, SS power stage) go beautifully with a Triangle floorstander. Don't go for a harsh, SS signature type of sound.

Finally, you haven't specified the model number of your Denon amp (receiver?), but if it's any of the stock HT products that are commonly prevalent in India, then this class of speaker may not get full justice from it.

Pretty good budget to have.

Among them I have only heard the Focal and they were great. Rather they blew me away would be more like it.

Coming to the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference 3.1, they sure do score big in the looks department.

The Gallos are decent laid back speakers but I didn't find them anything special. The Spendors are typical british sounding speakers - some like it, others don't. I've never heard Triangles so have no opinion about them. The Focal Cobalt (now renamed Chorus) are nothing special either. I found them to be a bit shouty and in your face.

If you really must have a focal, try increasing your budget and grab the entry level Electra bookshelf. Its a bit pricey but it is a very very good speaker when mated with the right electronics.

Thanx for your advices, and I shall try audition these speakers as soon as possible. Though I knew that audition is the best way to choose a speaker since every person has a different taste for music, but good speaker dealers are not found everywhere except in the metros so it aint that easy to get to them so soon.

I shall be using these speakers with Denon PMA - 2000AE.

Hi,

I recently bought a Classs A tube power amp, i'm looking for floor standing speakers. could you please share contact of Triangle speaker re seller and dealer.

thanks,
Prasad

Please read about 'Quadral' speakers with ribbon tweeters. Contact the Indian distributor or retailers. Beautiful sounding speakers at reasonable price, it's German based company. Spend money on good cables.
cheers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back