Antivirus software

AMITNOIDA

My Mcafee antivirus software tenure expired yesterday. The renewal fee (online) is 59.94$, which I think is too high.

As per PCMag the top antivirus is BitDefender, whose online subscription fee for one year (for one PC) is 29.49$ i.e. approx. Rs. 1400 from the Site called 'Herman Street' USA (downloadable antivirus). It takes care of Win7 PC.

Is this site reliable, or there is better antivitus and better site?

Buy Kaspersky Antivirus internet security for 500rs with the disc and install for basic consumer end pc's its more than enough ..

I'm using avast antivirus home. I have never experienced any virus attack after installing it.

I believe that if a user is just a bit careful he doesnt need to spend money on AntiVirus softwares.

I have tried avg, Kaspersky, Nod32 and few others in the past until I settled for Avast free edition. It does the job pretty well.

Try the totally free antivirus from Microsoft Security Essentials.
I have this antivirus since the past 5 months in my lappy and am very happy with it.
Please Note : This antivirus can be downloaded only on a machine running genuine windows OS.

I am using Avast anti-virus software in my PC right now. It is free and works perfectly. I think it suits your requirements. You could find the software to download on Google.

I believe that if a user is just a bit careful he doesnt need to spend money on AntiVirus softwares.

I have tried avg, Kaspersky, Nod32 and few others in the past until I settled for Avast free edition. It does the job pretty well.

I used to use Nod32, and for last 3-4 months i had kaspersky and i dumped it to go back to Nod32. Kaspersky is a pain as it consumes too much of cpu resources (A bigger issue for me as i have a single core cpu.), and the nod 32 is so much easier to use. I would recommend this to anyone as with Nod32 i have never faced issues and its fast and dosent tax the cpu.

The Avast as per AV Comparatives has not fared well in the last few years. The Nod32 on the other hand has been one of the most consistent along with Kaspersky. Symantec has improved in the recent past. But I have faced too many issues with Symantec in the past so no ways.

Last edited:
I used to use Nod32, and for last 3-4 months i had kaspersky and i dumped it to go back to Nod32. Kaspersky is a pain as it consumes too much of cpu resources (A bigger issue for me as i have a single core cpu.), and the nod 32 is so much easier to use. I would recommend this to anyone as with Nod32 i have never faced issues and its fast and dosent tax the cpu.

The Avast as per AV Comparatives has not fared well in the last few years. The Nod32 on the other hand has been one of the most consistent along with Kaspersky. Symantec has improved in the recent past. But I have faced too many issues with Symantec in the past so no ways.

Few years back I experimented a lot with Anti viruses softwares. I know that kaspersky, nod32, even bitdefender also are rated very highly among the avs. And nod32 is known to use less resources.

But after usage I found out Avast to be the best (for my usage atleast). I have been using it for years now and it works well. :)

Last edited:
Use Avast Free Version .........its good and runs without any problem.......

Best I found is Bitdefender internet security & it is the best of all I tried.
I have tried Macfee,avast,avg,kaspersky but all of them used to fail within 3 months & had to format mt PC.
Sometimes antivirus used to get corrupted.

With bitdefender,I have not formatted my PC more than 1 year.
Best AntiVirus Software Review 2012 | Compare AntiVirus Software - TopTenREVIEWS
Top Ten Antivirus Top 10 Antivirus 10 Best Antivirus Programs Ratings

Bitdefender is one of the best ones around and has even been awarded best anti virus of 2012 by some magazines, but.................is pretty high on resources. I was using it for a while and you need to have a pretty fast system to run the program. A slow system would crawl with Bitdefender.

MS Essentials thought not at good as Bitdefender is very low on resources and hence would be ideal for an older or slower system.

Bitdefender is one of the best ones around and has even been awarded best anti virus of 2012 by some magazines, but.................is pretty high on resources. I was using it for a while and you need to have a pretty fast system to run the program. A slow system would crawl with Bitdefender.

MS Essentials thought not at good as Bitdefender is very low on resources and hence would be ideal for an older or slower system.

Bitdefender AV & internet secuirity 2010 is quite fast for C2D processor.Newer one can take some load & need to close down some features to get quick service.Else only antivirus can be installed.

I have played around with couple of free Anti-V softwares and found Avast the best (protection + resource usage) for my home PC. been using it for about 5+ yrs and haven't had any issues so far.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back