• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Any advice on Yamaha Floorstanders

HiFiMART.com

mandeep

hey guys,

Have any one of you demoed/auditioned/reviewed these floorstanders Yamaha NS-8900 (as i have yamaha NS-P60 as centre surrounds)....

Does speakers from same company but with different series( of the same company) voice/tonal match with each other

thanks

soundofmusic

Hi Mandeep

Electronics from yamaha is ok , but Speakers .....NO!!
I have heard 7900 in a demo . its ok but not that great . You can try Mission or wharfedale or mordaunt short .

regards

skochar

I tried lot of speakers & then finally bought NS-8900, 5 speaker set...I love the quality they offer, bought it with a HTR-6030 yamaha for 30K. Honestly, jamo sounded better, but just the 2 floor standing speakers of Jamo costed some 27K...and honestly, u can make out the diff only when u listen to music, with a movie there was hardly any diff between the Jamo & yamaha....every man to himself but all I can say is that Yamaha NS-8900 is a fantastic buy & excellent value for money.

ranjeetrain

I tried lot of speakers & then finally bought NS-8900, 5 speaker set...I love the quality they offer, bought it with a HTR-6030 yamaha for 30K. Honestly, jamo sounded better, but just the 2 floor standing speakers of Jamo costed some 27K...and honestly, u can make out the diff only when u listen to music, with a movie there was hardly any diff between the Jamo & yamaha....every man to himself but all I can say is that Yamaha NS-8900 is a fantastic buy & excellent value for money.

30K. Then I have to say they are priced well. Now what is left to be seen is, how they sound compared to what they cost. Which city are you from?

skochar

Hi,

I bought it from Croma Juhu....and trust me it is very good quality sound, you can spend 2-3 times the amount & will get maybe 10-15% improvement if at all...the sound is very crisp....I just need to buy a subwoofer. Anybody know as to where can I get one assembled in Mumbai...10-150W continous avg...20-25Hz min with a crossover of about 35-40Hz, 10-12 inch front firing.

Any idea how sonodyne is?

saurabh