FS & AVR setup Marantz or Yamaha

Sobersound

Hey Guys,
I am looking to buy an AVR + Floorstanders for my room size 19 X 10, the FS will be placed in the left top corner and not at the centre, at around 8 Feet from the listener.
I have narrowed down on the Q Acoustics 3050i, but am confused about the AVR between the Yamaha RXV- 683 or the Marantz SR 5015.Have used Yamaha before, I like their sound but any other recommendations are welcomed!

Will be primarily using for music 70% and movies 30%, will add the surround speakers later.

Appreciate you help & guidance!

Hey Guys,
I am looking to buy an AVR + Floorstanders for my room size 19 X 10, the FS will be placed in the left top corner and not at the centre, at around 8 Feet from the listener.
I have narrowed down on the Q Acoustics 3050i, but am confused about the AVR between the Yamaha RXV- 683 or the Marantz SR 5015.Have used Yamaha before, I like their sound but any other recommendations are welcomed!

Will be primarily using for music 70% and movies 30%, will add the surround speakers later.

Using a Marantz 5011 for sometime, am happy with the avr so far. My speakers are different. what will be your source ? audition the pair and see if you like it.

Hey Guys,

I have heard one of the Yamaha RXV series model ( dont remember the model no.) ages ago. For my tastes they were good for movies but quite bright for music.
The Marantz avr on the other hand is quite decent for music as it rolls off the highs and sounds pleasant and quite musical. For movies also Marantz is quite decent .
Apparently from what I have been given to understand, the room correction Audyssey software of Marantz is better than YPAO of Yamaha. This is a subjective opinion, pls hear both including Nad, Denon & Pioneer too.
All the best for your search.

Last edited:
Using a Marantz 5011 for sometime, am happy with the avr so far. My speakers are different. what will be your source ? audition the pair and see if you like it.
Source will be Streaming music through tablet or mobile... Apple music & Spotify

I have heard one of the Yamaha RXV series model ( dont remember the model no.) ages ago. For my tastes they were good for movies but quite bright for music.
The Marantz avr on the other hand is quite decent for music as it rolls off the highs and sounds pleasant and quite musical. For movies also Marantz is quite decent .
Apparently from what I have been given to understand, the room correction Audyssey software of Marantz is better than YPAO of Yamaha. This is a subjective opinion, pls hear both including Nad, Denon & Pioneer too.
All the best for your search.
Thanks for the pointers.
I had the 661 was very good...But went kaput after 12 years...cant complain :)
Finding all the AVR brands for demo in one place is a task, will lookup dealers.

Thanks for the pointers.
I had the 661 was very good...But went kaput after 12 years...cant complain :)
Finding all the AVR brands for demo in one place is a task, will lookup dealers.
Most welcome Sobersound, Hifimart also stocks Denon Marantz, Pioneer. You can get in touch with Mr. Anil.
You can also demo Marantz at MZ ( official dealers for Marantz) in Bandra, SV road.

Denon demo maybe at Cinebells , Khar, linking road.
Or Preeti Trading Corporation, official dealer for Denon near Milan subway , Santacruz West.

Nad at Lakozy , charni road, near chowpatty seaface. Pls try PSB speakers also over here. They are good though underrated.

Telome at Hill road, Bandra use to have Yamaha avrs where I had demoed them years ago. Not sure now if they keep them.

The build quality of Yamaha is quite good though. Since you are familiar with the Yamaha, then no harm in a repeat purchase.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

If you have the budget you can perhaps try the Yamaha Aventage series which is really good. Possibly the RX A2A or A4A. It depends on your budget.

Marantz is really good as it edges more towards music. Many brands of speakers pair well.

If you have a set budget for the AVR and speakers, you can also consider the pre owned route via ads on this forum and olx. Since 2020s AVR prices have doubled, gone very expensive. Most are taking the pre owned route so that they can get something really good for a reasonable price. use it for a while until the next upgrade.

Most welcome Sobersound, Hifimart also stocks Denon Marantz, Pioneer. You can get in touch with Mr. Anil.
You can also demo Marantz at MZ ( official dealers for Marantz) in Bandra, SV road.

Denon demo maybe at Cinebells , Khar, linking road.
Or Preeti Trading Corporation, official dealer for Denon near Milan subway , Santacruz West.

Nad at Lakozy , charni road, near chowpatty seaface. Pls try PSB speakers also over here. They are good though underrated.

Telome at Hill road, Bandra use to have Yamaha avrs where I had demoed them years ago. Not sure now if they keep them.

The build quality of Yamaha is quite good though. Since you are familiar with the Yamaha, then no harm in a repeat purchase.

Wow...thanks for the exhaustive list, will check them out.
Was wondering Whats the equivalent of the SR 5015 in the yamaha lineup..aventage series?

Most welcome, actually I have no idea about the equivalent comparison of the Yamaha with the SR5015. But I have heard that the Aventage series of Yamaha is good.
I am currently using Marantz SR 7011 with Dali Oberon 1 speakers for 5 years and quite happy with respect to music and movies with music as a priority.

If you have the budget you can perhaps try the Yamaha Aventage series which is really good. Possibly the RX A2A or A4A. It depends on your budget.

Marantz is really good as it edges more towards music. Many brands of speakers pair well.

If you have a set budget for the AVR and speakers, you can also consider the pre owned route via ads on this forum and olx. Since 2020s AVR prices have doubled, gone very expensive. Most are taking the pre owned route so that they can get something really good for a reasonable price. use it for a while until the next upgrade.

Thanks, Will give the RX A2A & A4A a try as well, which do you think will be equivalent to the SR 5015 in the aventage lineup for a better comparision?

Thanks, Will give the RX A2A & A4A a try as well, which do you think will be equivalent to the SR 5015 in the aventage lineup for a better comparision?

The SR5015 is 100 watts RMS per channel 8 ohms load. I think the RX A2A would be a side by side competitor. Specs confirms the same.

Be sure to audition with the same music and movie scene so that you can draw a reference in your mind when deciding. Also important to see what features are available. I am on the look out for Aventage old models of A2080 or A3080 which is discontinued but if available pre owned and all in order, will pick up the same just to experience it. I am a hardcore Marantz user since last decade or more.

The SR5015 is 100 watts RMS per channel 8 ohms load. I think the RX A2A would be a side by side competitor. Specs confirms the same.

Be sure to audition with the same music and movie scene so that you can draw a reference in your mind when deciding. Also important to see what features are available. I am on the look out for Aventage old models of A2080 or A3080 which is discontinued but if available pre owned and all in order, will pick up the same just to experience it. I am a hardcore Marantz user since last decade or more.

thanks, will keep that in mind. There are quite a few sellers on olx for AVR's, but I would approach with caution.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back