Any dealer in India to buy Technics SL-1200 Mk2?

anilva

Any pointers to a dealer in India from I can buy a new Technics SL-1200 Mk2 turntable?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. I called this Rivera International folks in Mumbai and checked. Yes, they sell Technics SL-1200 Mk2 and yes, they sell ONLY in pairs (for DJ use). They were quoting around 95K without any warranty (he was saying that you don't need warranty since they don't break down!)

Will need to find someone else, who will offer a single unit. (The pairs sold by Rivera cannot be separated, just in case someone wants to split the deal).

sell in pairs?
You mean if I need 1, I need to buy 2?
Yup!! How's that for daylight robbery?

anilva said:
They were quoting around 95K without any warranty (he was saying that you don't need warranty since they don't break down!)

And how's that for a really ***** up dealer attitude??!!

Have ordered a SL-1210 MK2 from 20north.com after trying out availability in the local market. Price seems to be just a conversion of Amazon price plus duties and shipment.

I have ordered stuff from 20north but do not have anything to give feedback yet. Let me see, what happens to this high value order....Will post my experience.

Cheers.

anilva - are you into DJing? If you were ordering from the US, you could have opted for something else as well? Shipping seems to be a big issue when it comes to TTs. I have asked lot of people/ dealers and they say it is very risky to send a TT by shipping. Otherwise there are some deals on used TTs as well in B'lore, Bbay and Chennai.

Why 1210 and not 1200?

regards

Thanks. I am not into DJing.

I have quite a few turntables already including a Technics SP10 Mk2. I wanted to buy a workhorse for regular use, and therefore decided to go for a SL-1210 MK2. The difference between SL-1200 and SL-1210 is the 220v option and black colour on SL-1210. Also being a new turntable packed properly by technics in their original packing runs very low risk of damage in transit unlike some ebay'ers packing.

BTW, where do you get deals for good turntables in India? I have seen very few good ones other than stock Philips and Garrard changers and occasional Dual.

Cheers...

Thanks. I am not into DJing.

I have quite a few turntables already including a Technics SP10 Mk2. I wanted to buy a workhorse for regular use...

Hi Anil,
Sorry for waking up this zombie thread, but could you please PM me some info. about your SP and how you sourced it? It would be really helpful if you could share some info. on this...

Hi Anil,
Sorry for waking up this zombie thread, but could you please PM me some info. about your SP and how you sourced it? It would be really helpful if you could share some info. on this...

Cannot PM you, seem to have exceeded your PM storage :-(

Folks,

My Technics SL-1210 MK2 turntable got delivered at home by 20north guys. I ordered it on 18th august and got it on 11th Sept. Not bad at all.

Am I relieved that a high value order like this is serviced and serviced well. For the all doubts I had on 20North, this is not a bad experience.

It is an altogether different matter that few Blurays that I have ordered on august 8th have not been delivered yet....They have issues of mixing various things in one consignment for shipping purposes I guess.

Coming back to SL-1210, I am extremely pleased with the unit. Superb. Built like a tank. Everything works like a breeze. I believe I should have bought this long back. Head and shoulders above highly priced, filmsly built and mdf based platter machines....

Cheers.

Planning to enjoy it for some time before attempting any mods.

As of now, I believe that there is not much that I am dissatisfied about, other than to believe what others say on the net regarding weaknesses of SL-1210. Seems quite unfair. Could be just new found love...

Planning to add AT 440MLa cart very soon.

Cheers!

hey anil, just saw all those thorens in your sig. how does this 1210 compare? did you upgrade on arm/ cart/ needle?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back