Any Dynaudio Emit or DM owners here? OPINION

seker

Hi Friends,
Just few queries before my friend and i make our decision on this.

Amp, source suggestions, Other comparisons, Opinions.

My past: i have had TSi200, RTiA3 & A5, Q300, PSB B6, DALI Z3 with Marantz, Denon, NAD amps..
now
I AM REBUILDING MY STEREO:licklips:

Anyone out here could you please share your experience with Dyns apart from the regular saying "they need loads of power"

You can send a PM too..

THANKS!

I have not owned the Dyns but have extensively heard the Emit 10, the younger brother of the Emit 20.

Paired with a good DAC and the recommended power, the emit 10 is a midrange beauty, highs are nice detailed and mellow, wide stage and spot on imaging, it is quite an all rounder, but will go well if you can add a sub....I am sure than emit 20 can survive without a sub.....
Elac B6 is just unbeatable at its price point even today.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Though my audition experience with emit had always been straight out of the box units but i found a good marginal difference between the Dali Z3 sound stage and mid range.

However the Tweeter had little Tisssss nature but then i was told it would need at least 100hrs to open up.

You mean $280 B6 can compete with 600 POUNDS Emit M20.

I thought it will be few steps up from all the speakers i have owned.

You mean $280 B6 can compete with 600 POUNDS Emit M20.
I thought it will be few steps up from all the speakers i have owned.

The Dyn Emit10 cannot catch up at the lows as compared to the Elac B6.
I have not heard the Emit 20, maybe it does it as well as the Elac.

In the Elac the midrange is also very good and the highs more enjoyable for long listening if you are not a sucker for extreme details which the Emit can provide.

I personally would chose the Elac as it does most things well and is truly a good value for money.

But since you are talking about a step-up, still listen with an open mind and not base the quality to price.

have listened to the emit 10 and found them to be good expect for the lows. May be the emit 20's should be better in the lows, however they are 4 ohms.

My experience was totally opposite with M10, it had very good low end response for the size. The resolution of higher frequency wasn't upto the mark. Its a good bookshelf speaker anyway.
Of course, They were driven with high current amps like Nad C372 & onkyo Integra 8470 at my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience was totally opposite with M10, it had very good low end response for the size. The resolution of higher frequency wasn't upto the mark.

The low end is good but nowhere comparable to the Elac B6 (B6 ofcourse has a 6.5 inch woofer). By high resolution, do you mean it was rolled, bright or missing out in details?

The Emit is 6 ohm nominal and not 4.

I was considering the Emit M20 and not the emit 10

the Elac B6 is selling at $280
and the Ub5 is about $440
in india is it around 28k and 55k respectively i think iam not sure.

TSi200, RTiA3 & A5, Q300, PSB B6, DALI Z3 From all these that i have had in the past will it be an upgrade.

all your feedback kindaa says that it is not a major stepup from the above speakers and rather consider B6

I was considering the Emit M20 and not the emit 10

the Elac B6 is selling at $280
and the Ub5 is about $440
in india is it around 28k and 55k respectively i think iam not sure.

TSi200, RTiA3 & A5, Q300, PSB B6, DALI Z3 From all these that i have had in the past will it be an upgrade.

all your feedback kindaa says that it is not a major stepup from the above speakers and rather consider B6

I am not saying you buy the B6. Sound is highly subjective, all I am saying is don't have a fixation over price to performance to liking.

You can personally audition all these speakers, do so before buying

I wouldn't do that, Emit M20 is the better option than these two. A friend compared them side by side (M10, B6) with my Tannoy revolution dc6 and tannoy were pretty impressive with the very precise details and decent low frequency response. Emit M10 came close second basically due to not so detailed highs. B6 wasn't favored by none of us.

For a person who owned Q300 I'd never suggest a B6. There's a wharfedale jade 3 on hifiads.com also Psb bookshelf speakers on classifieds which you can check out.

I haven't heard unifi b5 so can't really comment. Q acoustics Concept 20 or Klipsch RB II 81 that come to my mind which you should be considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kannan & drkrack.

lets hope!!! Final offer is around 53k for the Emit M20.

Hope this will be an upgrade from all the speakers that i have owned.

Like i said i have liked the sound signature ( Bass, Mid, The sound stage both in low and high volumes) but the TREBLE is the only thing was not kind of impressed with but then it was brand new speaker. I was told buy so many ppl that. it opens up after 100 to 150 hrs of listening.

Hope this will be an upgrade from all the speakers that i have owned.

which amp are you planning to pair the emit 20 with. you will have to consider as they are 4 ohms. I was also considering an upgrade but haven't decide as they are 4 ohms.

@mshifi

Which amp you recommend future I will upgrade for now I my old NAD 80wpc.

I like natural yet powerful sounding.

NAD + Dyn is a terrible combination. They just don't work together. The problem with Dyns is that to make them sing, you need an amp 3x the cost of the speaker.
I agree with that, The M10 were very good with Onkyo amp, not great with NAD. I'd prefer to have a brighter amps like Onkyo or Yamaha with Dynaudio instead of NAD.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Seriously that making me think twice :sad:
What other speakers will be an upgrade from q300 and zensor 3

NAD + Dyn is a terrible combination. They just don't work together. The problem with Dyns is that to make them sing, you need an amp 3x the cost of the speaker.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back