Any Dynaudio Emit or DM owners here? OPINION

FM Neo has Dynaudio Audience 52 ( upgraded ) for sale. you may contact him if you like.

regards

I am using the emit20s. One thing I have to say that the speakers are not forgiving (in a good way). Use a bad source file and these babies will take it out.. lots of detail and of-course need a powerful amp.. a 200w minimum amp at 4 ohm should do justice..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Members!!

I wonder what is it all about the power (WAAAAATTTTS) all the time.
Since i have tried DM 2/6 & 2/7 many times with slightly expensive amps in the past today i thought different. I decided to try 50 Watts FMJ A19 with Emit M20....
*Strong Vocals *Both Lead & bass guitar sounded good *Midrange good as well, HF is detailed no harsh, Bass was tight good for their size. However i found them more relax sounding this time that may be because of the Arcam sound signature.

WOW at volume level up to 40 - 45 (loud) listened various genres music for about an hour (ARR,TC, MJ, Dire Straits, ACDC, Some EDMs too). They sounded well with different music genre.

I think the Emits are far better than the Q300 or the recent past Zensor3 that i used own.

Initially i did try Lsim703 & R300 liked both the KEF R300 sounded very good. I have to admit that they are almost double the price of the Emit M20.

Surprise :eek:hyeah: Then i was asked to try some Genelec 8010 with matching Sub. I liked them for their size the amount sound they produced by tiny speakers. But again budget... 1.5lacs for 2 8010 and sub.

So ya... 50wpc amp griped the Emits very well i was actually expecting it to heat up, no there wasn't anything heat as such even after an hour run.

If i decide on the Emits May be in future i can consider buying a USED Musical fidelity M3i, Rega Elex R or the Kandy K2 either one would be the REAL HIFI COMBO is what my Spanish friend Jose told me.

Are they any other speakers that are in must try list <70k.

Last edited:
Another Add on:
I did some phone calls on Monitor Audio Sliver2 they offered a discounted price (best 70k) because of the new silver100.

Few years back when i was hunting i heard the RX and silver bookshelfs though i liked them very much the Metal Dome was the culprit there (Few ppl like) i found them little harsh. But delear from Chennai asked me to try them with Arcam. Will they sound better than Dyns.

No stock in Bangalore so no audition possible in Bangalore.

Anything else!!

Few years back when i was hunting i heard the RX and silver bookshelfs though i liked them very much the Metal Dome was the culprit there (Few ppl like) i found them little harsh. But delear from Chennai asked me to try them with Arcam. Will they sound better than Dyns.

Now these are completely different speakers. Monitor audio is a bit forward sounding while Dyns are neutral tending to the warm side of things. IMHO Dyns are in a different league compared to anything from monitor audio. If you really want a neutral speaker, look at ATC. However again those are hard to pair and require really good amps.

ATC, Harbeth, Spendor are in my dream heard them in several AV shows Mum, Blr. Few years later i may think having them.

But now strictly <60k

For now anything else you can think of tat can compete with dyns under 60k.

I really appreciate your inputs!!!

cheers

If you really want a neutral speaker, look at ATC. However again those are hard to pair and require really good amps.

No to B&W 685 S2. Not for me Not once or twice many times everytime i found them its worth 30-40 types. Not neutral sounding speakers according to me.
You can also look at B&w 685 s2

@mpw mostly likely i am sold on Emit M20 :eek:hyeah: but then before i decide on them wondering if i missed any.
And my main motive to start this thread is to find out more about Emit M20 and its range of speakers. While few members share their experience on it particularly. Usually here people tend to advice more on options to consider and i am glad to hear.. i thought it would help me in not avoiding other options completely.

Last edited:
ATC, Harbeth, Spendor are in my dream heard them in several AV shows Mum, Blr. Few years later i may think having them.

But now strictly <60k

For now anything else you can think of tat can compete with dyns under 60k.

I really appreciate your inputs!!!

cheers

Buy the dyns. They will scale really well with your system once you get better amps and source.

wish you a long and happy life together

with only upgrades and no replacements... :)

Do post photos as is the wish of most of the FM's to have a dekko..

Sekar,
Congratulations on your purchase! you've made the right decision.
Ive auditioned the ELAC B6, UB5s, Dynaudio Emit M20s, B&W 685 S2, Q acoustics 3020. To me the UB5 & the Emit M20s stood out.

At that point i was auditioning these speakers with the Marantz Pm6006 rated at 45 Watts @ 8 ohms, they sounded very good indeed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back