Any experience using The Silent Angel Rhein Z1 server-streamer?

Munich M1T is Not as Roon Server but as Endpoint Mainly, Zhein Can Perform as Roon Server.

The VitoS on Silent Angel Streamer is quite Capable for Managing Library and Streaming Services, much Similar to Lumin or Aurender interface. You can attach Powered HDD to one of its 3 usb ports without any problems. Its quite faster interface, gets job done quite efficiently, hopefully that helps.

Configuring a Roon Server, by Nuc works cheaper even after lifetime subscription, and (barring Aurender) you can use many Streamers as Roon Endpoint in efficient multiroom solution.
Thanks for the clarifications karthik :)

As is abundantly obvious, Iam not familiar with the Silent angel products :D

Forgot to add that if your library size is below 2 TB, and if future internal storage expandability is not required ( though can be expanded by external drives ). Then the bluesound vault 2i has 2TB of on-board storage with an inbuilt ripper. However, it is limited to analgoue RCA and digital optical and coaxial out. I wish it had a usb out, so that an external DDC could have improved on its digital out. But alas no luck.

Another drawback is that it cannot be seen as a DLNA or Upnp server by other gear, except products from the bluesound eco system like the node or the pulse range of wireless speakers.

Edit : Below is a link to @amrutmhatre90 impressions of the eversolo DMP-A6. It has an option to load up a SSD drive with local library through a bottom slot.

Last edited:
Actually there are a ton more servers out there. With new ones added daily for good measure :D

It almost looks like a cottage industry, with everyone and their uncle having a go at building one 🤣

wadax
anitpodes
pink faun
total dac
lumin
aurender
innuos
silent angel
auralic
eddiescreation
small green computer
roon nucleus and plus

and lots more that i cant recollect now.
Have a good day everyone

My name is Alik

I purchased a SILENT ANGLE RHEIN Z1 PLUS

I have 4 questions:

A) As you can see in the connection diagram of this streamer + server, there is an additional RJ45 connection to connect the Silent Angle M1 Munich streamer (the other connection is towards the router).
What is the need for this connection, the Z1 PLUS is also a streamer?!

b) I know that in order to control the streamer, an Android system is needed from the phone. Can I connect a TV BOX ANDROID so that I can use the large screen of the television?(the same android+can connect to Enthernet)

c) There is an HDMI connection for engineer tests (Test). Is it still possible through this connection to connect to the television and what is this connection anyway? Unfortunately I did not understand.

d) There is a connection to an external Word Clock. The frequency is 25MHZ.
I already have an external Master Clock 10MHz.(LHY AUDIO OCK-2 Master Clock)
Is it somehow possible to still connect/bridge to my Master Clock? I know that there is a Silent Angle Genesis GX Word clock 25MHz. But it costs a lot of money.

* (Unfortunately, I did not find answers to these questions, I would be happy if someone could help with understanding)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-153939850.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105-153939850.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back