Any experience with Minidsp 2X4 HD ? Any idea from where this can be procured - new/ used ?

Reviving a old thread.

I Was reading about room equalization and minidsp and started to think how to implement this in purely two speaker setup (without SW).

My thought is to use a streamer based on rPi (Allo digione signature +rPi) feed the output to minidsp and output of the minidsp to the integrated amp.

Now is this a viable idea? If yes which minidsp would be the most suitable? Main purpose here is room correction/equalization.
Yes its a viable idea- you will have to feed analog signal from the RCA outs. If you can't feed analog out you will need to connect an external DAC between the RPI and the Minidsp. The minidsp has a USB in/DAC but that could be a hit or miss. I usually connect a dragonfly dac between my iphone and the minidsp. There are two choices in the minidsp- the base version which is 2X4 and the advanced version is 2X4 HD. Preferably go with the HD version- the reasons you can read in this thread.

Yes its a viable idea- you will have to feed analog signal from the RCA outs. If you can't feed analog out you will need to connect an external DAC between the RPI and the Minidsp. The minidsp has a USB in/DAC but that could be a hit or miss. I usually connect a dragonfly dac between my iphone and the minidsp. There are two choices in the minidsp- the base version which is 2X4 and the advanced version is 2X4 HD. Preferably go with the HD version- the reasons you can read in this thread.
Thanks for the reply.
Regarding minidsp models 2x4HD seems to be the most vfm. Is there any benefit for going for a higher one like flex in my situation?

Thanks for the reply.
Regarding minidsp models 2x4HD seems to be the most vfm. Is there any benefit for going for a higher one like flex in my situation?
The flex offers lot more connectivity options such as bluetooth / SPDIF etc. Honestly I would pick up the HD version and buy a better DAC.

Back