Any Info on Marantz BD 7003 & Denon DBP 1610

aneelr

Hello dear fellow members,

Any one using the above BluRay players. I was just checking the marantz BD 7003, and the dealer said that it plays all region Bluray dvd's, except region B. Any comments on that???....(frm the owners of Marantz BD 7003.)

And how about Denon's DBP 1610, any owners there???......dose it play region A and region C Bluray dvd's .

Feature wise I would prefer Denon over Marantz......... both available around 36K........but I can try and bargain it to 32K may be.......if not will wait till the AV revolution exhibition for some decent discounts.

Any suggestion's frm this forum will be appreciated (from both owners/non-owners).

Thanks.

I guess all BDps sold here will have to adhere to Regn. Coding:mad:

Don't know about these high end players but, all Panasonic/Sony/Philips/LG/Samsung players are C locked.

If you are willing to spend 36k, why not look at the Oppo?

Disclaimer: non-owner. actually, prospective owner;)

Absolute Phase is Marantz dealer. Ask Prithvi, he'll give you correct facts.

Last edited:
I've recently purchased Marantz BD7003 from USA, however its locked to region 1 (USA & CANADA only)

I waiting to get it unlocked i.e region free...Let me know if anyone here could help me to get it done!!

Hello dear fellow members,

Any one using the above BluRay players. I was just checking the marantz BD 7003, and the dealer said that it plays all region Bluray dvd's, except region B. Any comments on that???....(frm the owners of Marantz BD 7003.)

And how about Denon's DBP 1610, any owners there???......dose it play region A and region C Bluray dvd's .

Feature wise I would prefer Denon over Marantz......... both available around 36K........but I can try and bargain it to 32K may be.......if not will wait till the AV revolution exhibition for some decent discounts.

Any suggestion's frm this forum will be appreciated (from both owners/non-owners).

Thanks.
If anybody is selling you a region hacked player at this price then most probably it would be a remote code hack which would be disabled as soon as you upgrade your player for firmware over the internet. Now you might say that why the heck I would upgrade the firmware, to this I would like to mention that Blu Ray disks are JAVA dependent which is contineously upgraded so a new movie might have a newer JAVA version which won't work on a player unless and untill its upgraded to a newer firmware. I would suggest you to either wait for the time till this problem is completely solved or else look for player which are Hard modable.

Hello Dear Members,
I purchased a Marantz BD 7003 Region A locked Blu Ray Player few months back. But I got it much cheaper at 29K. It plays all DVDs but not Blu Ray Discs locked for Region B or C. I am getting region unlocker for this player soon. Once I get it and find OK with my player, I shall share the same with you.
Amitabh

Dear members, the region code unlocker CD for MARANTZ BD 7003 player will be coming to me by mid April. So let's wait till then. The player does not have any remote controller based unlock code. The CD will have to be run to install the unlock patch. I shall share it with all of you! :)

Back