Any Interest in Classic Rock from the 60's?

bugsnest

I am hooked to this part of the forum now! I bet I am going home tonight and dust the old player and give a few records a spin :D

Just out of curiosity - is anyone here interested in mint condition LP's of classic rock albums?
I mean some gems including Neil Youngs, Zappa, Led Zep, UK pressings of the Beatles albums, Love (Forever Changes), Stones - you get my drift? At one time I was out to get all the 5 star rated records from the Rolling Stones Record guide!
I also have some good jazz - Miles, Horace Silver, Monk, Bruebeck, Lee Morgan, many Blue Note/RGV titles

I have multiple copies of some and had paid big bucks for this! If anyone's interested then I could bring them along on my next trip to India...

I should probably take time to do research but how much do these go for in India now? The idea obviously is to make some money to cover my expensive hobbies ...but not be greedy about it either...

I should probably take time to do research but how much do these go for in India now? The idea obviously is to make some money to cover my expensive hobbies ...but not be greedy about it either...

If your intention is to benefit Indian vinyl lovers then it is a totally different thing. But if you want decent price (and a lot many buyers ready to pay that price), you sell them in the US itself.

If your intention is to benefit Indian vinyl lovers then it is a totally different thing. But if you want decent price (and a lot many buyers ready to pay that price), you sell them in the US itself.

I am not sure if you meant your post as a JOKE! Because if its not then it would read something like "I pay top dollars for quality LP's ...and give them to you for free".
Sounds like a great deal... for YOU :yahoo:

forget money make friends :) bring em here. lotsa people interested in that genre buddy.
what do u do in usa? what player /rig you got?? and oh... welcome to the forum .

I am not sure I agree with the logic of making friends by giving away my LPs for free... but thanks for the welcome :)
I live and work in the US (Chicago area). Been here for 15 years. My rig is not super impressive but makes me happy :) Denon receiver / Pioneer plasma / Luxman amp / Paradigm speakers and Rega Planar 3 turn table. My TT has been boxed up with my LPs for the last 3 years but I hope to set it up again soon. With kids running around, I dont want them knocking over my delicate player!

Bug.... Bring it here, There are people who will buy it at a decent price. I may be interested in the Jazz and blues collection.

regards

I am not sure if you meant your post as a JOKE! Because if its not then it would read something like "I pay top dollars for quality LP's ...and give them to you for free".

I guess you are trying to read way too much into what I said. All I said was that you will get a fair price for your LPs in US itself so why get them all the way to India. As for me I already have what I need. :eek:hyeah:

I guess you are trying to read way too much into what I said. All I said was that you will get a fair price for your LPs in US itself so why get them all the way to India. As for me I already have what I need. :eek:hyeah:

Maybe I did read too much into it :) I can completely relate to helping out folks who have limited access to quality LP's (I was in the same boat back then so am not trying to benefit from the situation).

That said, some of the LP's that I have were more expensive than CD's. For example I have a 180 gm pressing of Albert King's Born Under a Bad Sign and John Lennon Plastic Ono Band (original 1970 Capitol pressing) that I got for $30 each! That's the going rate but for me that's well worth it since these albums I would take with me to a desert island :)
But would I get that kind of price if I were to sell them in India? Especially since the CD's cost only about 1/3rd. I can get it along to help out someone who likes this as much as I do and has no avenue to acquire it... but I cannot take a hit on it since that is what I paid and lugging around LP's are not easy...
I'll try to compile a list of the duplicates I have first. It's a daunting task in itself!

But i think everyone in this part of the forum deserve kudos for keeping alive the spirit of LP's!! Forums like these make it easier to share information and keep it exciting. Back when I was collecting I had friends who would travel all around Bombay and visit "kabbadiwaallas" in posh localities in South Bombay in the hope that some rich bloke may have practically given away his LP collection to a trash picker. On one such occassion, I picked up the entire Pink Floyd collection for 500 rupees (from Piper to Delicate Sound) from a street side kabadiwalla near Pali Hill - still gives me a chill recalling events of that day!! But that's what makes it rewarding, I guess... you could walk into a store an purchase any CD at any time but to find a good quality record, takes time and patience :D
Have fun!!

Hey bugsnet, I would def be interested in checking out the list of duplicates you have. As you said, finding good quality records here takes time and patience! But sometimes you get lucky like you've said. I found a mint condition plastic ono band for less than Rs 100, so you never know!

That being said, I would love to have a look at that list. Sometimes there are certain albums I want, that I will buy via discogs or ebay, so if the condition is good and it's something i need, i'll def be interested!

Cheers and welcome to the forums!

I started compiling a list and will try to upload to Google docs soon.... "soon" is relative and with work and family commitments that may take some time but will do it :)

I am hooked to this part of the forum now! I bet I am going home tonight and dust the old player and give a few records a spin :D

Just out of curiosity - is anyone here interested in mint condition LP's of classic rock albums?
I mean some gems including Neil Youngs, Zappa, Led Zep, UK pressings of the Beatles albums, Love (Forever Changes), Stones - you get my drift? At one time I was out to get all the 5 star rated records from the Rolling Stones Record guide!
I also have some good jazz - Miles, Horace Silver, Monk, Bruebeck, Lee Morgan, many Blue Note/RGV titles

I have multiple copies of some and had paid big bucks for this! If anyone's interested then I could bring them along on my next trip to India...

My genere are Smooth Jazz, Blues and Classical Rock.

Favourites- Allman brothers, Steve Ray Vaughan, BB King, The Doors, Thin Lizzy, Simon & Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton.

If you have some Japaneese / European CD pressings/ Vinyls, I'll also share mine. Please PM me if keen.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 2A3 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

All right! This is a work in progress and I started as I had some time last night.
Remember this is a list of my duplicate LP's. So it's tought to go thru my collection and pull out duplicates. For some I tried to add some info (original pressing etc.) but that was not easy so did not go too far with it.

I'll continue this as time permits. Pricing is not something I can do right away but please give me some time on that... I think I may have at least another 50 to add to this list by the time I am done.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...gLA5sdDR6YWhDNkhRTDZWVmN5MkhqT1VwdkE&hl=en_US

Cheers!

All right! This is a work in progress and I started as I had some time last night.
Remember this is a list of my duplicate LP's. So it's tought to go thru my collection and pull out duplicates. For some I tried to add some info (original pressing etc.) but that was not easy so did not go too far with it.

I'll continue this as time permits. Pricing is not something I can do right away but please give me some time on that... I think I may have at least another 50 to add to this list by the time I am done.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...gLA5sdDR6YWhDNkhRTDZWVmN5MkhqT1VwdkE&hl=en_US

Cheers!

Forgot to add - unless explicitly stated, these are all US releases and the condition could be from VG+ to Mint.

Which city are u based in? i honestly would not mind paying a bombshell for the white vinyl of the white album and Led Zepellin I. consider this my official booking, you name the price im good for it :eek:hyeah:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back