Any one knows about DSE HT systems ?

The_Falcon

I was at Croma(Mulund) and saw this new brand - DSE.
It was on offer for Rs.23,990/- plus a Croma DVD player Free
Package deal:
DSE - Amplifier(sorry don't remember the specs..was in a hurry)
1 Center channel speaker
1L + 1R front floor standing speakers
1L Rear + 1R Rear Bookshelf speakers
1 sub-woofer

Does anyone knows about this brand ?

Hi,

The Brand in question is a pure Chinese (as in cheap and crappy,(although this need not be confused with all stuff made in China are of this type ;))) made for Chroma !! The Amp spec is nothing to write home about,its a basic most one with front left and right having more output power then the rest of the channels !! actually its even worst then that,the front left and right are 60+watts and rest (center,Surround's ) being mere 15Watts :mad:!! Also the build as you may seen is big let down,so all in all waste of one's hard earned money !

The Speakers in the package are no better either, By sticking some fancy looking drivers in shitty box and calling it floor stander can only fool some people who have no clue as to whats what (absolutely no offense meant to anyone) !! I've seen it and have heard it as well,so I know how bad they are :eek:hyeah: !!

I'd strongly suggest you to stay as far as possible from this and look else for a proper solution,if budget is a issue then look for some sat/sub combo's or such !!

I repeat Don't even touch it for free let alone pay 25K for it ;)!

Regards.

I was not planning to buy them w/o consulting you guys. But was just wondering if it was one of the german brands which I may not be aware of at all. Thanks for the info !

DSE = Dick Smith Electronics. They are a huge Electronics retail chain in Australia and I have bought a lot of branded (Philips, TEAC etc) electronics from them. But their own inhouse brand DSE is nothing great.

Yes. I saw those but did not actually audition any as I was in a hurry. Thats what made me wonder at the super discounted price of DSE....Ymaha and Denon had just the receiver priced at nealr 30K while this one was 24K with a set of 5.1 speakers...ne ways I wont even dare looking at those now that I know where DSE comes from....:rolleyes:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back