Any one likes Frasier here?

sukhas19

Hi Every one,

I am watching the frasier series last 2 weeks...I got the complete series from Amazon. In the initial episode, the series were exciting, but from 4th season onwards, it has become pretty much mudane....

So any one who likes to express their views on the Frasier Series is welcome here...

Cheers,
Sukhas

It depends if you have seen Cheers you wont like Fraiser that much. You will know Fraiser was actually a spinoff of Cheers. Cheers was gold. I used to like Fraiser until they showed Cheers.

Cheers.

I loved Frasier... even though the story line remains unchanged through 8 seasons, the chemistry between the brothers... Father son, son and dog... Its hilarious... The wit is more slapstick... Most of my friends and I are hooked to this series for life.

Cheers, on the other hand, seemed fine initially bit then a drag over all.

Tapatalk ka jalwa !!!

Yeah me too.. Love the characters in Frasier... I m still on Cheers Season 5... Do agree that its getting little dragged with Sam and Diane love story... like the recent HIMYM is abut Ted soulmate and Barney's obsession...

I've never been into american comedy, so no i don't.

Much prefer British comedy like yes minister, alo alo and mind your language etc they used to air on DD back in mid 1990's.

Please...there's a reason why it's called British Comedy and not American comedy.

I personally can't stand american sitcoms, each and every one of them are riddled with sarcasm demotivation and sex jokes frasiers one of them.

Movies are a different matter.

Besides, things like these are always subjective, cant just say ones better than the other.

I agree fully with you about american comedies but I still maintain my stand. I think witty sarcasm like in frasier is good. Agree about using sexual jokes but I think its more of a matter of presentation. If done with a fresh approach, age old jokes can tickle. In two and a half men, in the starting seasons and the last sessions, sexual jokes are funny even though its old wine in a new bottle.
I didn't get your point about demotivation. Can you explain please? Also keep in mind that I am talking about the top rated comedy shows.
things I don't like about british comedy is firstly their production values are very low. Their cast is not attractive enough, they use either very loud colors or very bland colors.
You can draw conclusions by comparing the american "office" and the original british "office".
Btw I would like you to recommend me a top british comedy.

@ Neeraj

De-motivation is a byproduct of a majority of sarcastic scenarios. Sarcasm is defined as a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression and/or taunt. Usually if not always negative. For production values, what it lacks in budget it vastly makes up through content. This is where stage actors are distinguished from mass media actors.

I dont mind fraiser as much as I do friends and how i met your mother type comedies, cheers was decent at the start but turned dumpy midway.
madTV and the new american shameless is probably my present preference.

As for not being attractive enough, this isn't an attack but....that's just pathetic man, how can you say that...not only morally but as someone who has any capacity for appreciation for talent and art. In your scenario anyone who is not attractive is not worth having in a comedy show and that just says what poor taste in comedy you have...ugh

Here's a top rated british comedy filmed with very bad production values and VERY unattractive people along with TERRIBLE colours.

Indians unable to pronounce british name - YouTube
indian rehab - YouTube
superman is indian - YouTube

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back