Any review of doogesound speakers?

karandex

Hi, I am looking to build a good low cost stero setup using used gear. Then i came accross community in made in india speakers and found https://www.doogesound.com/

They have 2 speakers named soundking. There are few reviews on youtube but nothing from a audiophile point of view.

Audition it before purchase. As you are from Thane I don't think it will be difficult for you to visit their manufacturing facility. One other alternate is "Norge Audio" based at Mahim. They are not as cheap priced as Soundking but they have a legacy of making quality components. They have a few bookshelf's spks and amplifier range, no new modern features but quality is good. Check their website first www.norgeaudio.com. As you are looking for low cost set up these will be the only choice others wise the other alternatives are active tower spks or bookshelf spks.

Audition it before purchase. As you are from Thane I don't think it will be difficult for you to visit their manufacturing facility. One other alternate is "Norge Audio" based at Mahim. They are not as cheap priced as Soundking but they have a legacy of making quality components. They have a few bookshelf's spks and amplifier range, no new modern features but quality is good. Check their website first www.norgeaudio.com. As you are looking for low cost set up these will be the only choice others wise the other alternatives are active tower spks or bookshelf spks.
They said no to audition

There are few reviews on youtube but nothing from a audiophile point of view.
Do you really care if they are Audiophile grade?
I mean, seriously. You expect something that costs so low to sound as good as a 100k INR setup?
If it sounds the money, for you, then buy it. Else, look for something else.

They said no to audition
Then it is evident that they just want to sell online as their quality is just below average. They want to appeal to ignorant masses who look for instant thrill of quantity (bass, loudness etc) and not quality (soundstage, mid tones etc). Better look at other alternatives where the manufacturers are confident of their equipment's quality and performance like Norge + many others. In case you are on very tight budget you can get "all in one" solution from active tower speakers like zebronics, F&D etc.

Hi, I am looking to build a good low cost stero setup using used gear. Then i came accross community in made in india speakers and found https://www.doogesound.com/

They have 2 speakers named soundking. There are few reviews on youtube but nothing from a audiophile point of view.
There is a YouTube channel called "what i think" and another called "technosense" who do reviews of sound King products. Maybe you can listen to the speakers there and make up your mind.

There is a YouTube channel called "what i think" and another called "technosense" who do reviews of sound King products. Maybe you can listen to the speakers there and make up your mind.
I have seen some videos on both these channels. In fact on technical front both these guys speak very well and make some very informative videos. But I really doubt Doogesound will be as good as they say. Now a days companies market their products through Social influencers as cost of marketing is very less.

hi,
here is PMC speakers costing around 1.5 lakhs. Good 8/10 db variation from linearity, Moderate directivity and generally high distortion compared to budget speakers.

So from 'audiophile point of view' you will have to choose between whether you want technically well made OR sounds good to you speakers, which you can listen to if any one has purchased soundking doogesound (by asking the dealer if they can give reference).
Do post updates once decided.
regards

Last edited:

Hi , when you are investing money in audio gears please check the realibilty of the product and after service , it is very important ,

If your budget is low try used gears , will get better one

The company itself is located in Vartak Nagar ,Thane
I had called them for some tweeter specs, their staff couldn't reply properly. So I contacted a youtuber for his opinion. He had tested the same tweeter with his calibration mic but its high frequency response beyond 15KHz was lacking. So I went for the other brand.
If this is your first attempt, then go for them . But if you are critical listener, then checkout Daytona audio
I have built many diy speaker boxes and realized its not as simple as just 4 + 2 parallel surface with one port hole. Lots of calculations involved and a calibration mic is a must

Last edited:
@karandex did you buy soundking eventually? Pls update what did you endup with. As mentioned above , powered options are also available like obage which have great reviews.

If planning to audition Norge speakers then their bookshelf Millenium MKII sounds pretty good as I have auditioned those with their own Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amplifier in last December. I did not ask the price per pair but you can always confirm latest price from them. Another important thing is the amplifier you are going to pair them with so be careful in your decision.

Also check website of DNM. They are Andheri (E), mumbai based. Their products price is not mentioned on their website. I feel their pricing is not so high, they fall in the budget category.

Edifier powered bookshelf speakers can be an
Do you really care if they are Audiophile grade?
I mean, seriously. You expect something that costs so low to sound as good as a 100k INR setup?
If it sounds the money, for you, then buy it. Else, look for something else.
Not exactly true. Budget speakers can sound good for the price or even better than some brand which is more expensive. But yes the manufacturer should not be hesitant in providing demo. Also they should allow people to return the product if they do not like it after they take it home. As the sound signature changes due to environment. Even high end brands should give that option.

Edifier powered bookshelf speakers can be an

Not exactly true. Budget speakers can sound good for the price or even better than some brand which is more expensive. But yes the manufacturer should not be hesitant in providing demo. Also they should allow people to return the product if they do not like it after they take it home. As the sound signature changes due to environment. Even high end brands should give that option.
I have owned both ends of the spectrum and continue to do so. That does not mean all budget speakers are going to be good.
Anyway, the point I was trying to drive away or stay away from was the term "Audiophile". Do you care if they are Budget speakers and sound at that level? Maybe you don't. My B&W DM305 isn't a patch to my Blumenhofer but that does not make it unlistenable.

The concept of returns do not work in India cause we don't care or take responsibility. There is a reason why Amazon and several other e-retailers are taking away the concept of returns as we use and abuse the product and send it back. Until our attitudes change, there will never be a 30 day return policy, atleast for Audio equipment.

Back