Any similar speakers as Wharfedale Diamond 9.5?

manav416

Hi,

I had placed an order for Wharfedale diamond 9.5 floor standers with Vector systems in Bangalore. I just learnt from them that these are not available as diamond 9.5 series are out of production.

I had auditioned a couple of other speakers and these were the best that i had liked in my price range of < 40K. My question is that are there other speakers with a similar sound and tone quality as the Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 that i could try out?

Diamond 10.5 is available but i did not like that sound - it appeared far too bright and shrill for my musical tastes.

Cheers, Manav

Yup i do accept to dia 10 series being bit bright unlike the other wharfs but give them a bit of break in time and use an amp like nad or rotel they really will sound musical

how about some other series from Wharfedale besides the diamond line. Most british speakers sound warm like the wharfs.............might want to look into some of them.

lookup the sonodyne sonus 2605 or 2604 in your city. Could fit the bill w/o burning the pocket.

rgds

Please note that the Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 is still in production with the company.

The official Distributor for Wharfedale in India has confirmed that they have ample stocks of the Diamond 9.5 with them in both Black and Walnut finish.

You can either check with other Wharfedale dealers in your city or purchase it online.

I am using Whatfedale 10.7 speakers. They are not bright but do need a very specific placement. You can try them instead, at a little higher budget.

The mid-range is the best part which is very sweet. The bass is tight and extends to quite low frequencies. The high frequencies are not harsh and the overall effect is very similar to speakers costing many times more. I like these better than the 9.1, 9.2 and 10.1 bookshelf models too in terms of mid-range performance. Vocals simply are at their best.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back