Any thoughts on the Leak stereo 130?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone can share inputs on this? Have the q acoustics 3020i as speakers and using Mac for tidal (connected via HDMI to my existing avr 3072).

Given its usb dac and the amp upgrade, thinking it might be a substantial sound quality upgrade vs my current setup.

Not sure you saw these already.

Hey. Thanks a lot for sharing these.

I’ve actually gone through most of the online reviews/videos. But since there is limited review information (given it’s a relatively new product), I was wondering if the experts here could also share their thoughts, especially with my speaker and source setup.

this is a substantial investment and so just want to make sure I’m making the right decision before going ahead.

Hi,

Just curious if anyone can share inputs on this? Have the q acoustics 3020i as speakers and using Mac for tidal (connected via HDMI to my existing avr 3072).

Given its usb dac and the amp upgrade, thinking it might be a substantial sound quality upgrade vs my current setup.
While there are few reviews, lot of people think that it is essentially same as Audiolab 6000A. Both are owned by the same company. So that can't be a bad thing. Being from Mumbai, why don't you go over to Anil for an audition.

I have been listening to the Leak Stereo 130 paired with my DIY Fostex 126 En + Eminence Beta 2A2 speakers. Initial impressions are very positive. The built in DAC and Phono stage are of very good quality and highly resolving. I have listened to this amp for 6-7 hours and it is yet to get fully settled, but I can say the mid range is absolutely brilliant so is the high frequency extension. Low frequency is very tightly controlled and initially tends to be lean, but it is opening up as the amp is clocking some hrs.

Overall a very good amplifier.

Last edited:
While there are few reviews, lot of people think that it is essentially same as Audiolab 6000A. Both are owned by the same company. So that can't be a bad thing. Being from Mumbai, why don't you go over to Anil for an audition.
Apparently it shares more of its internals with the Quad Vena II though the remote is common with the Audiolab 6000A.

Apparently it shares more of its internals with the Quad Vena II though the remote is common with the Audiolab 6000A.
Guess > From online pics and reviews .A internal pic was available but taken off after some time.Its a chip amp for sure (may not be LM3886)
Internals similar to Quad Vena II or maybe slightly changed/modified.

A classic product introduction strategy in the consumer world . At this time the vintage/retro look/feel seems to be a added attraction. Also companies have to either enter new product categories or reintroduce nostalgia brands to grow.

ClassD adoption has already begun. Audio seems to be blessed with co-existence. From LP to Digital , SET to Class D and Single driver spkrs to multi driver spkrs ; Tube,hybrid,solid state ,SiCGan Solid state,headphones to earbuds etc . All seem to offer enough reasons to find buyers.

Either way stereo and HT access via digital platforms are enabling customers with choices given the availability and intense competition.

Last edited:
I have been listening to the Leak Stereo 130 paired with my DIY Fostex 126 En + Eminence Beta 2A2 speakers. Initial impressions are very positive. The built in DAC and Phono stage are of very good quality and highly resolving. I have listened to this amp for 6-7 hours and it is yet to get fully settled, but I can say the mid range is absolutely brilliant so is the high frequency extension. Low frequency is very tightly controlled and initially tends to be lean, but it is opening up as the amp is clocking some hrs.

Overall a very good amplifier.
How would it compare with Viren's 2a3?
You have used one with your earlier speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back