Any USB to Digital Coax out without DAC?

swamytk

I use Edifier R1280DB which has built-in TI PCM9211 - 216kHz 24 bit. It has Coax and S/PDIF inputs along with RCA. It does not have USB in. Since it has built-in DAC I would like to connect my PC to Speaker through Coax. PC does not have Coax out. Please help me in getting a USB to Digital Coax converter.

Why I don't see any such product common in market? Though USB to S/PDIF are available they are very expensive.

I am using this one. Opt for the bundle 2 which has a proper case. It is reasonably well built and the quality is good for the price

I am using this one. Opt for the bundle 2 which has a proper case. It is reasonably well built and the quality is good for the price
Thanks, but this one is Bluetooth to Digital out board with USB for power supply. I am looking for USB-IN to Coax digital OUT, so that device can be detected as Audio device by PC.

Currently I use "HDMI-VGA converter with Stereo Analog Audio out" which was lying idle with me. It is better than motherboard analog output. Still it is not "Digital out from PC to Speaker". Looking for economic solution in Indian market.

I don’t see listing online for adapters without DAC. Please check at local shop, they should have it

Try gustard u16 from AliExpress if it is within your budget ... It is ddc (digital to digital convertor) with many type of outputs including i2s

Try gustard u16 from AliExpress if it is within your budget ... It is ddc (digital to digital convertor) with many type of outputs including i2s
Schiit Eitr
Thanks, it looks like these are costlier options. I am looking for a option around ₹1,000 - ₹2,000
Syba SD-AUD20101 External USB Sound Card with Optical SPDIF Output https://www.amazon.in/dp/B006SF68P2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kYaiDbC311AWN
ProElite 6 Channel External Sound Card 5.1 Surround Sound USB 2.0 External Optical S/PDIF Audio Sound Card Adapter for PC Laptop [Blue Color] https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06Y1N3RLD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S1aiDbC22KFPV
This will help but dont expect fireworks in terms of sound quality
Thanks. But reviews are very bad for these products.

Keep looking for other options... :-(

Thanks, it looks like these are costlier options. I am looking for a option around ₹1,000 - ₹2,000

Thanks. But reviews are very bad for these products.

Keep looking for other options... :-(

Within that budget, if your laptop/computer has HDMI, you may want to look at this instead.

Within that budget, if your laptop/computer has HDMI, you may want to look at this instead.

Yes, looking for that solution too. Thanks. There are better products than this.. Just looking for affordable one.

Thanks to all who contributed here. I have ordered this HDMI to Coax+SPDIF splitter, it costs INR 650 only. Since my QHD Display is connected to DisplayPort of GPU, the quality of this HDMI passthrough should not affect Display. I am not going to hook-up display to this converter. I should be able to connect either Coax or SPDIF input of Active speakers to this converter to get Digital audio from PC. I found this is most cheaper option than anything else which involves USB based - mostly they are a full DAC. Hope to get it delivered in a month, will be back with how it performs.

I also ordered this for my Edifier R1855DB

Microware HDMI Audio Extractor to Optical Spdif Toslink Converter + Video Adapter Splitter with UK Power Adapter-Dac Hd Digital Analog Stereo R/L for Blu-Ray DVD Player https://amzn.eu/d/3WtqrI0

Will update once I get it.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back