Any views on Rythmik F12 vs. LV12R sub?

milestoneseeker

Hi All,

I am looking to add a sub to my Dali Kubik soundbar and have settled on Rythmik as the brand of choice. Now, I am trying to figure out sealed vs ported which brings me to F12 vs LV12R respectively. From a usage point of view, I will probably do 70:30 for TV:Music but that does not mean musicality is irrelevant for me. I prefer tight bass than boomy bass and size of the box is important to me.

I read somewhere that F12 tends to bottom out earlier than its ported cousin and wanted to get a view from the FMs. I will be taking an audition of LV12R in the next week or two but not sure if I will get to experience F12.

Yours views are greatly appreciated.

Personally, having followed the brand, I would go for F12 to the LV12R. The god thing about Rythmik is that they have published their graphs so you can compare them. I also think they are fairly active in the avs forum so you can ask their opinion for the same.

Most places, Rythmik considers F12 as their base flagship and LV12R is a bit of a compromise for budget reasons. But not having heard it, its difficult to judge but there are scores of reviews in the net.

Hi

Reach out to FM (Shaiju Thomas - Mumbai based) who did own this brand for sometime and used it well.......

As for me no direct experience, if you are open to other brands....SVS and Sunfire seems to have caught a lot of attention in the last few weeks....see thread by Celester340....wanted section.......

Personally I use a BIC America PL200 which is rear ported....works very well for movies and music...you can read more details in the dedicated BIC America speakers owner thread.....

Bottomline ...trust your ears, see the actual low frequency delivery of a sub versus your front speakers....decide on size and power of sub basis your hall or room size...then ofcourse budget.....most important...check the connectivity options....

All the best

Hi

Reach out to FM (Shaiju Thomas - Mumbai based) who did own this brand for sometime and used it well.......

As for me no direct experience, if you are open to other brands....SVS and Sunfire seems to have caught a lot of attention in the last few weeks....see thread by Celester340....wanted section.......

All the best
Thanks. I have heard, from others, that Rythmik is the most "musical" amongst subs and I presume that implies a tight decay of the low frequencies than a rumbling long bass. I have thought of looking up Sunfire as that is another brand which has excellent credibility. I do know on this forum, BIC America has a reasonable following and plenty of information is available. I have a budget of 1L (the max) for this one. Let me dive into some of the brands you are recommending though would be great if you can share any shops in Bangalore where I can audition these?

Hi,

BIC America....I think there is a place in Bengaluru....Check on the BIC AMerica Speakers owner thread....its mentioned there....I don't readily recall....the PL200 is being replaced by PL200ii....difference is front ported and another 2hz lower....rest all same....

The rhythmik L12 is about 68k and the F12 is close to a lac. Prices from avenuesound in Mumbai. They have a website too.

Use the same movie or music content when auditioning all the subs.....i am sure since it is same dealer...more or less would be hooked to the same AVR and it would have the same 80 or 100hz cut off set under bass management...then only you will be able to make a decision on the best sub to suit your requirements....

In terms of movie clips...watch something with a lot of explosions and sounds which will show the actual handling of the sub.....

Use the same movie or music content when auditioning all the subs.....i am sure since it is same dealer...more or less would be hooked to the same AVR and it would have the same 80 or 100hz cut off set under bass management...then only you will be able to make a decision on the best sub to suit your requirements....

In terms of movie clips...watch something with a lot of explosions and sounds which will show the actual handling of the sub.....
Yes, I always carry my own music when I want to test and have specific songs tagged for different elements. For subs, I think I will go with Linkin Park ad Nickleback. For movies, I go with my trusted The Dark Knight blu ray.

I had a chance to demo the LV12R at ProSonics last weekend. My immediate impression on looking at the sub was that it was huge! Certainly not the kind I will happily put up in my living room. I had it plugged into my KubikOne soundbar's sub-out which I had carried along for the demo. I played a variety of music through my AK70 and I will admit that the additional lows which came through make the sound much bigger. The bass was tight with very little decay and it did not sound as an additional element of sound being played alongside. In other words, the integration was very nice and left no apprehensions on my side that the set up may sound disjointed.
The bass did not overpower the mids and I was able to enjoy my music even as the new lows made an immediate impact in some of the songs I heard. What was equally nice was that songs with not a huge amount of LFE did not end up with a bloated forced bass - I was not sure if something like this may happen with sub.
However, the dimensions are definitely a put off and hence my initial choice of F12 still looks to be a better choice. Not to mention that it would play better than LV12R.
As a side note, Santosh was a very gracious host and made the demo very comfortable. I liked the fact that he was not pushy and happily left me to make my own decision in my own sweet time. He is still putting up a larger space as a office so the demo was at his home. In some ways, it allows him to present the ground reality of how the set up will sound in a typical home with its usual clutter and (relatively) smaller space. Of course, he has made the necessary dampening arrangements but it still gives you a more realistic feel of how it may sound in a typical home.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back