Anybody not upgrading? Share your stories of contentment

Our local theatre is using the JBLs (Screen arrays with 9300 surrounds) and the sound quality is really good. Hope you are getting some nice theatre sound.
quite close to.
not exact since the source quality makes the difference

I am not upgrading anymore and this song is just very apt for my situation.
👍🏽👍🏽Yes after lot of experiments , i decided to bring the theatre setup since that is the music I did like first, although it is bulky and not attractive but sound quality is near to what i liked in theater while watching the movie.

picture attached

Attachments

• 82E5ED23-A83C-4A44-8F99-5ED306A81CD9.jpeg
    82E5ED23-A83C-4A44-8F99-5ED306A81CD9.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 42
I secured a set of jbl 4732mf/hfcinema seup with jbl 4639 lf; using three stereo amps with jbl 260a crossover;I am getting close to cinema theatre sound.

A step in the right direction but you can do so uch better than JBL, which is the bottom of the barrel in pro audio. I have some of their cabs gathering dust, don't like them at all. Bought them years ago, will never buy JBL again. For cinema speakers I recommend Klipsch but pro audio is so much more than just cinema speakers, though their size is an advantage which most pro audio speakers don't have.

A step in the right direction but you can do so uch better than JBL, which is the bottom of the barrel in pro audio. I have some of their cabs gathering dust, don't like them at all. Bought them years ago, will never buy JBL again. For cinema speakers I recommend Klipsch but pro audio is so much more than just cinema speakers, though their size is an advantage which most pro audio speakers don't have.
Thanks for the suggestion.Since I have no experience in this field hence I followed the recommendation of local popular cinema theatre tech.

Today, I woke up thinking of the lowest 15 Hz (20-35 Hz) in the normal human audible range and how difficult it is to achieve quality low end. I then considered my old venerable REL subwoofer....One thought led to another... I then realised I have a problem.
Is contentment possible? Are there ways to achieve audio Nirvana without breaking the bank (or the marriage)?
I recalled a similar thread on the Naim community forum and thought of seeking experiences (or solace) from the HFV forum.
This may be the shortest thread in the history of this forum :(
Let the therapy begin.
Hahahahah! That is one crazy nightmare so early in the day!

I'll answer with personal experience, bro...

A proper noob in 2020, started reading, and ended up with a fully blindly selected system in Oct 2021, outside of the TV, in the price-warring semi-conductor-covid shortage era.

With every viewing/listening, I get to understand the shortcomings of the purchase.

But then, they are all niggles when I think of the overall experience these puppies deliver, just with an entry-level AVR.

I am very, very content with the rig I put together - and many thanks to this forum; god knows i keep saying this, but people need to know it was possible only because of this forum. (minor digression: most people mean well in this forum, a miniscule are truly reactionary in the true sense, and most just want to juice up their experience within their best expertise/experience)

I have told myself I will only study/try and improve on the original rig. In that sense, yes, I am content.

I know it will require a bit more karcha to get it A-grade to my ear, but since i think it is doable, I consider myself content.

I doubt I will be buying new speakers, at the least.
--

Having said that, I really like people like you, @Yelamanchili manohar, @prem, @raghupb, @Decadent_Spectre, @Prodigy, and many more people who do either DIY, or go off the beaten path.

My favourite space are those who take the effort to dig out obscure products that they think works best for them and live with them. That's gotta take balls of titanium. And I hope to find a sweet space somewhere there or thereabouts.

I just went back through some of the older comments, so would like to add one more point:
In India, one's always gotta go with acquired wisdom, and personal audition experience. We are never always gonna get to listen to how things sound, and how an amp pairs with our fav pair of speakers. Period.

This experience itself should make one content provided they are satisfied with a base the purchaser has drawn for themselves. :D

This is no audiophile's country, and we all need to be ready to live with this, barring, again, those willing to go off the beaten path.

Today, I woke up thinking of the lowest 15 Hz (20-35 Hz) in the normal human audible range and how difficult it is to achieve quality low end. I then considered my old venerable REL subwoofer....One thought led to another... I then realised I have a problem.
Is contentment possible? Are there ways to achieve audio Nirvana without breaking the bank (or the marriage)?
I recalled a similar thread on the Naim community forum and thought of seeking experiences (or solace) from the HFV forum.
This may be the shortest thread in the history of this forum :(
Let the therapy begin.
Even if you own a ultra high end equipment, there are days when you feel the sound is not up to the mark and wish to upgrade. Cool. Just ignore the system for two days. On the third day, your set up is just as amazing as it was before and more.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back