Anybody successful in streaming Atmos music from any service to their receivers ?

ssf

All this talk of Apple going spatial and me not being able to experience it in spite of all my efforts, I thought I will give Tidal Atmos a go. Went about searching for Tidal App in Google playstore. Nope, no luck. App not found. Found a roundabout way to install the app. Logged in to Tidal on my Sony X900E. Login successful. Played a few stereo songs and then searched for Atmos music with much anticipation. Found one, played it, no go !!! Tidal told me that my device was not able to play Atmos. This when Netflix never complained. It played the song in Stereo instead.

I believe I need eArc to play Tidal Atmos on Sony TV !!!

Anyone had better luck ?

Last edited:
believe I need eArc to play Tidal Atmos on Sony TV !!!

Anyone had better luck ?
Tidal Atmos is over DD+ so no need for eARC. I was able to get it working through firestick 4k by sideloading the Tidal apk.

Edit: Later I changed the region of the Amazon account to US and downloaded the Tidal from official store.

Last edited:
All this talk of Apple going spatial and me not being able to experience it in spite of all my efforts, I thought I will give Tidal Atmos a go. Went about searching for Tidal App in Google playstore. Nope, no luck. App not found. Found a roundabout way to install the app. Logged in to Tidal on my Sony X900E. Login successful. Played a few stereo songs and then searched for Atmos music with much anticipation. Found one, played it, no go !!! Tidal told me that my device was not able to play Atmos. This when Netflix never complained. It played the song in Stereo instead.

I believe I need eArc to play Tidal Atmos on Sony TV !!!

Anyone had better luck ?
I tried once from my TV it played in 5.1

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back