Anyone heard of Cressida AV Zone (Chennai) ???

Rahul

Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy my first Hi-fi system (Mordaunt Short speakers and Cambridge Audio amp) from Cressida AV Zone, Chennai.

Just wanted to check whether any of you have heard or dealt with these guys ? Also how is their reputation and are they good in installation ?

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,
Rahul

decent chaps. I've interacted a lot with them when they were in Thiruvanmiyur. Bought a Cambridge Audio DV89 for a friend, from here. Since the unit has worked without issues, no idea about service and warranty honouring and all.

I've also auditioned some other stuff with another friend. Friendly and obliging guys, but with a tendency to push their own brands in comparison to other brands, even when it patently makes no sense. They gave me the plasma 'gas leakage' story, since they used to deal only with LCDs.

No idea about 'installation'.

Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy my first Hi-fi system (Mordaunt Short speakers and Cambridge Audio amp) from Cressida AV Zone, Chennai.

Just wanted to check whether any of you have heard or dealt with these guys ? Also how is their reputation and are they good in installation ?

Regards,
Rahul

They have closed the shop in Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, not sure if they really exist now in chennai, :lol:

MY experience with AV Cressida was pathetic, very poooor in markteing and customer relationship, they could've easily made 50K from me when i was looking for 5.1 speakers almost a year back, ultimately ended up buying JAMO 606 package.

Hey Guys,

Regards,
Rahul

Rahul,
Do some home work and try to install by your own. There are lot of lovely guys in this forum who could help you with placement and stuff:eek:hyeah:. And also try auditioning some more brands. Post a new thread with your hearing taste and budget and you'll be surprised to see plenty of options suggested by our HT gurus. Do more auditioning before you buy. Good Luck.

Madhur

They have closed the shop in Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, not sure if they really exist now in chennai, :lol:

MY experience with AV Cressida was pathetic, very poooor in markteing and customer relationship, they could've easily made 50K from me when i was looking for 5.1 speakers almost a year back, ultimately ended up buying JAMO 606 package.

Currently they shifted their showroom to R.A puram(near kaliyappa hospital).

Madhur

Rahul,
Do some home work and try to install by your own. There are lot of lovely guys in this forum who could help you with placement and stuff:eek:hyeah:. And also try auditioning some more brands. Post a new thread with your hearing taste and budget and you'll be surprised to see plenty of options suggested by our HT gurus. Do more auditioning before you buy. Good Luck.

Madhur

Hey Madhur,

I have finalized on the Aviano 6 and CA amp after getting the feedback from the HT gurus and carefully auditioning a whole range of brands (like u had mentioned). Now I am at a stage where i want to buy system from the person offering me the right price.

I have found the Cressida AV Zone prices the most competitive when compared to other dealers in Bangalore and Chennai. And as i am based outside Chennai, I want to check the credentials of the Cressida AV Zone before taking the plunge.

As this my first hi-fi system, I don't want to take chances with installation and let the professionals handle it.

Btw have u had or heard anything abt them ??? Also have u heard of Grand Cinema in Chennai ???

Last edited:
Hey Madhur,

I have finalized on the Aviano 6 and CA amp after getting the feedback from the HT gurus and carefully auditioning a whole range of brands (like u had mentioned). Now I am at a stage where i want to buy system from the person offering me the right price.

I have found the Cressida AV Zone prices the most competitive when compared to other dealers in Bangalore and Chennai. And as i am based outside Chennai, I want to check the credentials of the Cressida AV Zone before taking the plunge.

As this my first hi-fi system, I don't want to take chances with installation and let the professionals handle it.

Btw have u had or heard anything abt them ??? Also have u heard of Grand Cinema in Chennai ???

Ofcourse i do dealt with both of them. Cressida, To be honest these guys aren't professional, They focus more on selling their products rather than addressing our problem. Comparatively Grand Cinema is OK. But stay away from mohideen in Grand cinema there'll be another tall & fair guy wearing spects, He shall address your problem. I suggest you to consult palani in bangalore he deals with Mordaunt Short, he is very knowledgable and very professional. Unfortunately i forgot the name of his shop. May be some friends in our forum shall let us know.

Also check the prices with Home Talkies,
next to Laxman Shruti musicals.

They deal exclusively with Cambridge audio and MS products.
I've been there and they have a proper setup for auditioning.
The owner of the place is an ex-employee of Cambrigde India.

His name is Mr. Balaji
44-24729393,09941879393 & 09710209658

Dear Nirrej and Madhu,

As you have mentioned, I have checked the prices with Palani, Home Talkies, Cressida and Grand Cinema for the Aviano and CA amp.

There is a huge diff (of nearly 8-10k) between the prices quoted by Palani & Home Talkies and those quoted by Cressida & Grand Cinema. So that's the reason my choice is Cressida. If they offer genuine product and do decent installation, I am happy to go with them. And that's where i need ur inputs abt the Cressida guys.

As far as anyone hard selling his product is concerned, there is no question of that happening as i am sure of what i am buying.

Last edited:
If the price is the best, go for it. They are an authorised dealer, there is not much installation for a stereo amp and speakers, so they should be able to do it decently. The installation will involve placing the amp on your rack/table, connecting the banana plugs / spades into the amp, the banana plugs / spades into the speakers, and hooking up the amp to your source with a stereo IC. A child could do it.

With regard to positioning of speakers, I would anyway reommend you do it yourself and not leave it to the dealer to figure it out. There's tons of advice on these forums with regard to speaker positioning.

There is a huge diff (of nearly 8-10k) between the prices .

Just check whether it's a new piece(un-opened)
or is it an demo one.
because dealers sell slightly used demo pieces at discounted prices.

no harm in buying them though..if it is in good condition with no scratches,etc,etc
i myself bought an demo-amp at a highly discounted price 1 year back
and its working fine.

Just check whether it's a new piece(un-opened)
or is it an demo one.
because dealers sell slightly used demo pieces at discounted prices.

I am told its a new piece and I hope Cressida can be trusted on that (???). Is there any way of checking whether its a new or an old piece ?

Rahul,
For a precaution jus make sure that there are no hidden cost. Usually they add them up while you pay. So please confirm to be on the safer side.

Madhur

Hi,

i bought the BenQ MP 512ST projector from them, i got the best deal from them, it was around 3k cheaper than others. Its 8 months since i bought that. They were in Thiruvanmayur at that time. There were some good deals with yamaha receiver back then.

Hi,

Cressida guys are offering Denon AVR 1911 for around 35K. I just want to know whether they offer genuine products. Can anyone suggest where can I get best price for 1911 in chennai?

Regards,
Harish.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back