Anyone seen IR or Burn in issue with 51D550 plasma

Holy Smokes ....
just booked the 51d550 a shirt while ago it should be delivered tomm .

Any idea how Pixel shift works .and does it really work. the last thing i want is IR/Burn in
I remember I had a deal pixel on my LCD monitor and everytime my focus only went on that deal pixel. it was really pissing off.

well since this IR/Burn-in can happen to ANY TV , It runs down to how we actually use the TV. But as i read in many reviews , thread , these burn-in and IR are not that prominent in newer model of plasma and manufacturers have come up with technologies to battle them.

As many said , Practice good TV handling in the first 100-200 Hrs , things should be fine.

What bothers me most is I have many 2.4:1 aspect ratio movies and i watch many of them in a week , Thats what really bothers me. I dont want to end with black bars on top and bottom of the screen

-Planning to buy PS51D550 soon... :D

Again, In this respect Tata Sky is much better. Their Logo is quite transparent and I have not noticed any issues with my LG ( So i dont have to say anything about my panny).

Dear All,
Please tell me the whats the best deal price of 51d550. i am planning to get it this week. Also any other for the same price reange ?

Dear All,
Please tell me the whats the best deal price of 51d550. i am planning to get it this week. Also any other for the same price reange ?

Tell me too ..I was pissed off after the price rises after the dollar rise..Now with the depreciated dollar, any better prices? I doubt though :mad:

After using my 51D550 for nearly 100hrs (of which nearly 30hrs were anti burn in clips)....i could see some temporary IR but it fades away after sometime. but the "return" text on the right bottom corner has IR most of the times when we play pics/videos from a source.
P.S : as suggested by Plasma gurus, I had kept the picture settings below 50% :)

Red Airtel logo got sticked in the right top and bottom of my PS43D490 Sam Plamsa... even after my 200 hours safe burn in period...raised it with Samsung service...lets C

I think temporary IR is noticed for most plasma TVs on switch off, esp if you had a prominent picture part in the same position for some time (usually the channel logo).

So, before switching it off, put your plasma in TV mode (black white grey blinking dots) for 10-15 seconds. If you can still see logo IR, then you may have a problem.

Red Airtel logo got sticked in the right top and bottom of my PS43D490 Sam Plamsa... even after my 200 hours safe burn in period...raised it with Samsung service...lets C

On my PS50C6500 I noticed the Airtel logo 3 months after I had changed to Tata Sky (in spite of running the test pattern on a regular basis to get rid of the TIR).

The good news was that running the plasma break in slides (120) for about 2 hours got rid of even the pesky Airtel logo.

Search for plasma_break-in_v120.1 and download it and copy on to a USB stick or hard drive, connect it to your plasma. It has 120 color slides ranging from 000000 (black) to FFFFFF (white) and back to 000000(black) in a gradual order of increasing numbers.

If you can't find it - let me know and I shall upload it for you.

On my PS50C6500 I noticed the Airtel logo 3 months after I had changed to Tata Sky (in spite of running the test pattern on a regular basis to get rid of the TIR).

The good news was that running the plasma break in slides (120) for about 2 hours got rid of even the pesky Airtel logo.

Search for plasma_break-in_v120.1 and download it and copy on to a USB stick or hard drive, connect it to your plasma. It has 120 color slides ranging from 000000 (black) to FFFFFF (white) and back to 000000(black) in a gradual order of increasing numbers.

just downloaded the package. these are more than what we had in the 'evangelo' package over at D-Nice's page.

Great info Vardu! thx

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back