Anyone to verify price from ARN?

TaureanBull

I have got following quote from ARN systems Bangalore via mail. Can anyone confirm if these are correct prices. Price in addition of main price is the [email protected]% :eek:

AVR SR-6004 : 64,000+8640=72640
Marantz PM 8003 : 44800+6048=50848
NAD 355BEE : 36500+4927.50=41427.50
NAD 325 : 21900+2956.50=24856.50
Monitor Audio BR 5 (pair) : 2x24500=49000+6615=55615
Monitor Audio BR 6 (pair) : 2x32900=65800+8883=74683
TT Denon 300F : 19500+2632.50=22132.50
TT Project Debut III : 24900+3361.50=28261.50

Integration, Testing, Commissioning charges will be extra @13.5% on each section total for each equipment. :sad:

I have got following quote from ARN systems Bangalore via mail. Can anyone confirm if these are correct prices. Price in addition of main price is the [email protected]% :eek:

AVR SR-6004 : 64,000+8640=72640
Marantz PM 8003 : 44800+6048=50848
NAD 355BEE : 36500+4927.50=41427.50
NAD 325 : 21900+2956.50=24856.50
Monitor Audio BR 5 (pair) : 2x24500=49000+6615=55615
Monitor Audio BR 6 (pair) : 2x32900=65800+8883=74683
TT Denon 300F : 19500+2632.50=22132.50
TT Project Debut III : 24900+3361.50=28261.50

Integration, Testing, Commissioning charges will be extra @13.5% on each section total for each equipment. :sad:

AFAIK -

the owner - Mr. Sridhar - is a man of integrity - and can be relied upon -

regds
suri

From what i have seen, ARN has pretty reasonable prices and provides good post sales services as well

I agree with Suri's and Arj's observations. ARN/Sridhar is a great place to buy audio/audio related equipment - knowledgable, trustworthy and most of all good service during and after sales.
Cheers
Sid

Last edited:
I will reframe my question. I am not asking about the reputation of ARN. I dont have doubt about that. What I want to know is that are these prices the reasonable prices in comparison to other dealers/shops? Is this VAT business eveyrwhere and at this rate?

I will reframe my question. I am not asking about the reputation of ARN. I dont have doubt about that. What I want to know is that are these prices the reasonable prices in comparison to other dealers/shops? Is this VAT business eveyrwhere and at this rate?

hi TaureanBull,

it is like this -

at the sony authorised showroom - the bravia ex400 would be priced at Rs. 60,000/- all over india -

this same TV is available at Rs. 45,000/- in the (un-authorized) market.

at all authorized outlets - VAT is mandatory.

it depends on where you are comfortable buying from.

pretty sure that ARN systems will not try and match the (lower) un-authorized rates because-

they (probably) have a greater commitment to the customer than the other (un-authorized) outlets -

and will charge a premium so that the customer will have peace-of-mind - insofar as the product in concerned - and it's maintenance over the years.

regds suri

i got my pm8003@38k at bass and trable new delhi including vat

Damm man what a difference 50K to 38...... that too including B&W.
Anyway I dont know about Banglore, but ARN Delhi was a bad experience....

BTW Danny from Bass and treble is too good, both while dealing and with price as well. Far better than ARN Delhi.

Last edited:
I think that was the information TaureanBull was looking for. Forum members please do not start patronizing each other or your favourite dealer. It is better not to comment.
It was a simple question from TaureanBull and members started defending the dealer. Simply a yes or a no was required.......

Sam, you are violating the following rule:

"If any member makes any accusations about any retailer/manufacturer/distributor/dealer or individual member, they must first submit a verified/certified photo identity proof of their full name and address to forums admin along with verified/certified proof of the accusation. It's easy to exaggerate the events to favour your side of the story, but ultimately this is not the truth if you cannot backup your accusations without proof. Posting any such information without relevant proof will lead to your immediate ban without any warning."

Cheers

Last edited:
Anybody living in India will know that a quote is just that. Unless you go there in person and negotiate you will not get a better price. So just getting a quote and saying that this or that dealer is overpriced is pointless as is comparing to some other dealer without actually seeing if prices have been negotiated. No flames please just my opinion after having bought a lot of stuff for a significant amount of cash.
Cheers
Sid

Reddymail, why PM the details, if you could discuss the same in the open forum as it could benefit others (unless it is something personal in nature)

hi........the prices quoted are on higher side.you should contact the respective dist/dealer for better pricing...pm for details

Last edited:
Venkat, I re-read this post and I wonder if this is such a bad post that it warrants a warning from you. Do we need to provide proof if we didn't get a good experience with a dealer?

Damm man what a difference 50K to 38...... that too including B&W.
Anyway I dont know about Banglore, but ARN Delhi was a bad experience....

BTW Danny from Bass and treble is too good, both while dealing and with price as well. Far better than ARN Delhi.

"If any member makes any accusations about any retailer/manufacturer/distributor/dealer or individual member, they must first submit a verified/certified photo identity proof of their full name and address to forums admin along with verified/certified proof of the accusation. It's easy to exaggerate the events to favour your side of the story, but ultimately this is not the truth if you cannot backup your accusations without proof. Posting any such information without relevant proof will lead to your immediate ban without any warning."

Cheers

I think I am not. in that sense the thread I created about my experience with the dealers in delhi would becomes a HUGE violation of the rules you have stated. ...... there was a 10+ page discuession on the experience I (and all others) faced during auditioning of the equipment in Delhi. My statement merely demonstrate the experience I had with a pariticular dealer and I am pretty much free to do that........

If I had been officially lodging a complain making the fourm a medium then I would need to produce proof of what ever went wrong. Merely stating your experience does not state a thing.

Also Venket I would like to bring in to notice that this is the third time you have intercepted my post with a pseudo warning on the grounds of "fourm Rules" that does not violate them....but are just very direct. This might given an impression of a presonal grudge towards a member, which as moderator does not fit the image......I hope you understand

This again is JUST my openion and stating your openion (I think people would agree) is the very crux of creating a Fourm.

Cheers and Regards
Sammy

Sam, when you use the kind of words that you used against any member/dealer/distributor, the forum has to take a stand. That word has now been replaced and the discussion can continue. Please do follow the rules as closely as possible.

Sam, please understand that I would interceded and warn members only when I see an unbecoming action on their part. Even then I keep my patience as much as possible. I have warned members who are close personal friends of mine and whom I know personally, so there is no grudge against anybody.

Cheers

Cheers

and reveal my identity... thanx but no thanx. I would rather not complain about a bad dealer....:)
funny, identity proof is not required to make sales or purchases, but to complain against a bad dealer.... Is a dealer required to submit identity proof or proof that he's a genuine dealer before he makes sales here or registers as a dealer.

Last edited:
Sam, when you use the kind of words that you used against any member/dealer/distributor, the forum has to take a stand. That word has now been replaced and the discussion can continue. Please do follow the rules as closely as possible.

"Kind of words"..... is that the base of your warning ..... that very intangiable and sounds biased...... What if I use a phrase .... "Guys this was a fu*ckn awesome movie" would you have given me a warning....... I presume no. Its the way I express sometime ... very direct , does not mean that I am on some personal vendetta for that particular member/dealer/distributer.........

Again just my opinion.... just the opinion.....

Last edited:
and reveal my identity... thanx but no thanx. I would rather not complain about a bad dealer....:)
funny, identity proof is not required to make sales or purchases, but to complain against a bad dealer.... Is a dealer required to submit identity proof or proof that he's a genuine dealer before he makes sales here or registers as a dealer.

Very true
And when Soundsgreat showed his displeasure with the rule when it was introduced, he was banned for voicing his opinion
The ban was lifted later as if the admins are doing a favor and due to that Soudsgreat does not bother to come back and would not come back ever

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back