Anyone to verify price from ARN?

It is not necessary to post an supporting opinion on an trader/dealer where the OP has requested about the comparision of pricing to finalize his purchase,,, the replies to the querry shows the forum is going is not going in a correct way, so there is no wonder lot of posts were lying unreplied.

Further the rules were laid complicated to use an word against an dealer or trader is not good.... Who have time to post all relevant thing in an forum with proof and identity... Forum is just like that to spend time which can be helpful for others if possible or just to let out some FEELINGS what they have...

Goodness....someone asked a simple question and expected a simple answer....but where do we take that thread to????????
Can we please get back to the original thread and help TaureanBull to negotiate so that he can get the best prices?
In my extremely humble opinion, I think members should guide him by letting him know the prices which they themselves have got for the products thereby letting him know the price to which he needs to bargain.....
TaureanBull please correct me if I am wrong and if you are looking for some other information from this thread..

Doors, Rikhav, Srini ...... I have explained this before. The rule about ANY negative comment has been introduced after bitter experiences we have had before. Essentially the rule is a deterrent, and we want a member to be very very careful and clear before he says something negative about anybody - member, dealer, distributor etc. Again, we have mentioned this before - we do not want to get entangled in any legal hassles. BTW, we have had a few legal notices slapped on us.

We will not not restrict your complaints about a dealer or a distributor as long as the words used are carefully chosen. If you remember, in one case, we have had the company becoming a member and replying to the complaint. I strongly feel that way with the active participation of the company, we will have better results. Just screaming, shouting, and using four letter words against someone will achieve nothing, and in most cases the opposite party will just ignore you. Working together, we have achieved many things, including large discounts and special offers.

Even after that, we have allowed many negative comments to be posted as long as they are worded well. And Sams, irrespective of what you write about, four lettered words are not appreciated and will not be allowed. Even if they are hidden using stars and other special characters.

Regarding members contribution to the forum and whether he wants to participate or not depends purely upon the member. If a member misbehaves, uses four lettered words, fights with other members or uses barbs and teasers to irritate someone else, the forum will warn the member and, if needed, restrict his membership for a short period. All such membership, irrespective of the person, is reactivated after a week or so. Beyond that what happens is the member's option. I have also said this before, a member's participation is temporarily restricted only as a last option.

Needless to say there are hundreds of forums available where you can do what you want and say what you want. But I doubt such forums will enable the closeness, camaraderie and the urge to help others that we see here at HFV. And that I think is the uniqueness of the forum.

Cheers

Sam, you are violating the following rule:

"If any member makes any accusations about any retailer/manufacturer/distributor/dealer or individual member, they must first submit a verified/certified photo identity proof of their full name and address to forums admin along with verified/certified proof of the accusation. It's easy to exaggerate the events to favour your side of the story, but ultimately this is not the truth if you cannot backup your accusations without proof. Posting any such information without relevant proof will lead to your immediate ban without any warning."

Cheers

Hi,

I was just browsing this thread for the first time and this statement caught my eye.

I am just wondering, how does one provide documentary proof of a bad experience, given that an experience is by definition sensory in nature.

a bad experience at a dealer could include one or more of the following

1. poor response time in store
2. reluctance to demo products
3. give higher prices (orally)..how many are willing to give a pro-forma invoice?
4. poor knowledge of product
5. Making incorrect statemens (again orally) regaring competition products / dealers
6. bad attitude towards customers

i am wondering how feasible it would be to provide documented evidence of any of the above, short of taking a hidden camera into the store.

while I do have views on whether this rule is morally wrong or right, I know that this has been discussed enough in other threads. my question is more simple - how does one provide documentary (verified/certified) evidence for a bad experience?

a little clarity on this would be welcome

Dear TaureanBull,

ARN is a good dealer to go to for products that they exclusively carry like Ushers or Ayon.

For mass (relatively) like Marantz you are better off with probably other dealers.

Dealers like ARN provide good support and make a significant investments which would translate into more overheads so wouldnt make sense unless its part of an overall package.

- Sudhir

;) still not an clear reply for the OP request:)

Hi sud, not pointing my hands towards you,,,just an reply for queries made below the OP request.

Regards

Dear TaureanBull,

ARN is a good dealer to go to for products that they exclusively carry like Ushers or Ayon.

For mass (relatively) like Marantz you are better off with probably other dealers.

Dealers like ARN provide good support and make a significant investments which would translate into more overheads so wouldnt make sense unless its part of an overall package.

- Sudhir

Last edited:
Hi Kapvin,

Ur point is right and can you please create a new thread on the same.. so that OP will enjoy his answer for the querry raised in this particular thread, let him not be disturbed by our posts....

Regards

Hi,

I was just browsing this thread for the first time and this statement caught my eye.

I am just wondering, how does one provide documentary proof of a bad experience, given that an experience is by definition sensory in nature.

a bad experience at a dealer could include one or more of the following

1. poor response time in store
2. reluctance to demo products
3. give higher prices (orally)..how many are willing to give a pro-forma invoice?
4. poor knowledge of product
5. Making incorrect statemens (again orally) regaring competition products / dealers
6. bad attitude towards customers

i am wondering how feasible it would be to provide documented evidence of any of the above, short of taking a hidden camera into the store.

while I do have views on whether this rule is morally wrong or right, I know that this has been discussed enough in other threads. my question is more simple - how does one provide documentary (verified/certified) evidence for a bad experience?

a little clarity on this would be welcome

I have got following quote from ARN systems Bangalore via mail. Can anyone confirm if these are correct prices. Price in addition of main price is the [email protected]% :eek:

AVR SR-6004 : 64,000+8640=72640
Marantz PM 8003 : 44800+6048=50848
NAD 355BEE : 36500+4927.50=41427.50
NAD 325 : 21900+2956.50=24856.50
Monitor Audio BR 5 (pair) : 2x24500=49000+6615=55615
Monitor Audio BR 6 (pair) : 2x32900=65800+8883=74683
TT Denon 300F : 19500+2632.50=22132.50
TT Project Debut III : 24900+3361.50=28261.50

Integration, Testing, Commissioning charges will be extra @13.5% on each section total for each equipment. :sad:

hi taureanbull

for the marantz equipments you cud be happier sourcing from Madura ,it does come with bill and warranty
have PMed u the info

regards

hi taurean bull,

i have feedback on only one product. as far as i know abhishek of cary audio design (he's registered on this forum) is the authorised dealer for project. i remember this cos we were chatting and he asked me where i got my project since he was the authorized dealer for project and he wanted to know if there was someone else selling it in bangalore. you can check whether he's a distributor or dealer for the brand.

28k does seem rather high for the project debut, then again perhaps prices have changed or this is for a particular model. as far as i knew, the debut was priced at around 20k perhaps around 2K +.

regards

I think that was the information TaureanBull was looking for. Forum members please do not start patronizing each other or your favourite dealer. It is better not to comment.
It was a simple question from TaureanBull and members started defending the dealer. Simply a yes or a no was required.......

Thx Panditji. You have hit the bulls eye. :clapping: I just want to know if I am being fleeced or No. Let me decide on the services. On the outset they are charging 13.5% over and above for installation etc. :eek: Some dealers provide this as a compliment.

Anybody living in India will know that a quote is just that. Unless you go there in person and negotiate you will not get a better price. So just getting a quote and saying that this or that dealer is overpriced is pointless as is comparing to some other dealer without actually seeing if prices have been negotiated. No flames please just my opinion after having bought a lot of stuff for a significant amount of cash.
Cheers
Sid

Well. IMO if I have to bargain from a dealer as popular/as good as most people have mentioned that he is no good. Because then the cost depends on my bargaining skills. I go to a showroom/reputed shop to be sure of a fixed price. I just bargain on streets not in showrooms. ;)

@TaruenBull

can you please let me know where you got this quote from? I mean who in ARN gave you this quote? While I have no idea right now (can check tomorrow) whether the prices quoted are correct in terms of MRP, the 13.5% extra is in error if you have asked only to buy the products. The installation charge is for projects where we work with customers during construction of their HT/Audio room - involving site visits, acoustic treatment, wiring (through walls, etc). Either someone did not realise this internally when they gave you the quote, or your request was routed internally to the projects team which only deals with custom installations (I dont mean a 2-3 hours installation job).

On the topic of MRP, in general, the MRP quoted by any dealer across the country has to be the same - its illegal to sell above the MRP !! The negotiated prices will be different of course.

p.s. I am unable to confirm the prices on these products at this moment since I dont deal with these products within ARN (someone else does). If you dont hear from me in a day, pls feel free to ping me

Cheers
Sridhar

Hi Kapvin,
Ur point is right and can you please create a new thread on the same.. so that OP will enjoy his answer for the querry raised in this particular thread, let him not be disturbed by our posts....
Regards

Why would he do that and risk a ban....eh!! cheezz man :rolleyes:

To the OP (so that it shows the post is not deviating from topic)

ARN delhi was a BAD (add all the synonyms for BAD you can find and put it here) experience ........ That explains it all I guess......

@TarueanBull

can you please let me know where you got this quote from? I mean who in ARN gave you this quote?

I contacted info centre via e-mail and I got the quote on my mail from : Ambica Karumbaiah| Assist Manager- Projects & Operations. dated 12 Jun 2010.

This was what was written below the quote:-

Integration, Testing and Commissioning Charges: will be extra @ 13.5% on each Section total for each equipment.

If you say what was told to me was MRP and needs to be bargained i would be really disappointed. As I told before It would amount that a person with good bargaining power will walk off with same stuff from same showroom at lesser price. Dont expect thing like this from a reputed company.

@TaureanBull

Since I dont deal with these products or these brands myself, I dont know where these prices fall (MRP or below/how much below). The person who sent you this quote belongs to the projects team which deals with installations/projects that go over several months and this charge is applicable to those - needless to say, this was in error in your case and it needs to be corrected.
On the other question on bargaining, negotiation, etc this differs from customer to customer (as you said) and from dealer to dealer. In India, very rarely have I come across a dealer who never negotiates :D You also have to keep in mind that not all enquiries are genuine and that there are enough people who are not necessarily seriously interested but fire off a mail anyways. It also depends on what you have asked of Ambica (whether you have had mail exchanges or whether there was this one mail only). In any case, pls send Ambica a mail tomorrow citing me as a reference...

cheers

@TaureanBull
You also have to keep in mind that not all enquiries are genuine and that there are enough people who are not necessarily seriously interested but fire off a mail anyways. It also depends on what you have asked of Ambica (whether you have had mail exchanges or whether there was this one mail only). In any case, pls send Ambica a mail tomorrow citing me as a reference...
cheers

Thx. But what you are trying to say I dont understand. do you mean to say that ARN gives inflated price because the customer might not be genuine. :eek: Its a customers right to find out price from as many places as he wants. On the contrary, I always feel something fishy if a sight does not put up the price rather asks you to contact them. Why not post prices on website and let people not trouble you at all. This reasoning of your does not gel me. And i dont know how they identify who is a genuine buyer and who is not? It is also possible if a person goes shabbily dressed or has indifferent looks he might be given inflated prices because the receptionist might think that the customer is not a serious buyer.

Secondly, thanks for your gesture. but I am the last person to cite a reference from a person and beg for discount. Not my style. Sorry.

A tangential question, without taking positions on this issue.

Taurean - Your profile states Cairo and New Delhi as locations. Both are quite notorious for a buyer beware culture. Cairo actually elevates bargaining to a pleasurable social activity. What been your experience and response in Cairo, and to some extent in New Delhi too. Just to stay clear of the controversy, i am referring to experiences in clothes, souvenirs etc.

Regards

Thx. But what you are trying to say I dont understand. do you mean to say that ARN gives inflated price because the customer might not be genuine. :eek: Its a customers right to find out price from as many places as he wants. On the contrary, I always feel something fishy if a sight does not put up the price rather asks you to contact them. Why not post prices on website and let people not trouble you at all. This reasoning of your does not gel me. And i dont know how they identify who is a genuine buyer and who is not? It is also possible if a person goes shabbily dressed or has indifferent looks he might be given inflated prices because the receptionist might think that the customer is not a serious buyer.

Secondly, thanks for your gesture. but I am the last person to cite a reference from a person and beg for discount. Not my style. Sorry.

Sir
its simple - the prices quoted may be MRP (but I dont know right now). There is no INFLATED prices. I dont know what you mean, I mentioned in a previous post that no dealer is legally allowed to quote/sell INFLATED prices beyond the MRP. MRP is set by the importer of that item/product. As to why prices are not mentioned on the website - I dont want to get into details, this is a common enough practice in India - for particular reasons. As to the part about genuine buyer/best prices/etc there is no one way fits all, every sales person may have their own way of quoting discounts, reductions, etc also many times in India, there is no end to best prices - if thats the way you buy - you are a welcome exception and I truly mean that :)
On your last point, that wasnt my intent at all....my apologies if thats the impression you got.

cheers

A tangential question, without taking positions on this issue.

Taurean - Your profile states Cairo and New Delhi as locations. Both are quite notorious for a buyer beware culture. Cairo actually elevates bargaining to a pleasurable social activity. What been your experience and response in Cairo, and to some extent in New Delhi too. Just to stay clear of the controversy, i am referring to experiences in clothes, souvenirs etc.

Regards

Let me tell you that both the places are same as far as bargaining is concerned. The open markets/old markets/tourist markets rip you off big time. If you know Palika Bazaar in Delhi and khan-el-khalili in cairo as an example. By the way this is common all over India.

At the same time, there are places where you get items for fixed price. You dont have to bargain a grocer in Delhi or Cairo, they have fixed prices. I prefer the fixed prices as I have never been good at haggling. There are times when it turns out to be a sour experience than a fun. If you are a regular bargainer you would know what I am saying. I go to a showroom and pay a bit extra than on street to get a fixed price. I dont expect reputed company/dealer to keep space for bargaining. It should be a no nonsense stuff.

Have you ever tried to bargain in showrooms in CP in Delhi? Have you ever bargained in Big Bazaar?

Can the members go back to the original thread and help Taurean Bull with his purchases? Once ARN has clarified, please let us stop arguments and get on with recommending reasonable prices for the said products please....no use in mudslinging .
I myself would like to be posted on the prices and hence I am interested ....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back