Anyone to verify price from ARN?

Hi Srramanujam,

you are completely mistaken if you think big bazaar operates on a 3-5% margin on anything.

I think I should request the Mod to change the title to "Bargaining" :D.

There are more than 60 replies but barring 1-2 rest have started moving on a tangent. Looking for a chat space in the forum??? :eek:hyeah:

Do by all means but when you write such long discussions please write a line or two concerning my question too i would be grateful.

I think I should request the Mod to change the title to "Bargaining" :D.

There are more than 60 replies but barring 1-2 rest have started moving on a tangent. Looking for a chat space in the forum??? :eek:hyeah:

Do by all means but when you write such long discussions please write a line or two concerning my question too i would be grateful.

you are right. sorry, i'll refrain :eek:

i'm sure the others will, too

in the light of this, would you like to restate your point?:)

peace

Maybe i wasnt clear. I am referring to net profit margins after all costs, including cost of space and inventory. Thats what matters for the purposes of negotiations. I would be surprised if it is 15%. Technopak estimates EBITDA in food and groceries at 4% (and yet to charge depreciation).

A 15% profit margin (after all costs including fixed costs) in groceries is a killing. The money in groceries is in inventory turnover (as you would know) not in margins. EBITDA in apparels gets to low teens and thats a pretty high margin business.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back