Anyone uses DAC interconnects? Any reviews?

Crimson has a lower-mid "hump" in the frequencies. And the SQ is a little loose and flabby. I got one that I use for TV duty now. Its not a great cable, possibly better than profigold etc ...

--G0bble

So what should I buy? :)
I heard the straight Chorus AG and Chorus II in TAP and they were good. Not compared to anything else.

I dont like the color of chord crimpson plus. :D

Last edited:
To be honest sometimes Crimson plus sounds a bit brassy to me.Maybe my overall system is so.

@gobble
Well,I'as comparing it with my erstwhile I/C which was an ordinary one.

Has anyone tried AudioQuest sub x i like the tight bass coming out from my friends Denon 1912. He bought the cable for 3500Rs.
SUB A is around 1800 Rs.
Read lot of good reviews about AudioQuest Sidewinder.

I am using both DAC Interconnect and speaker wires. I liked the quality of the cables. But I am wrong person to review these as I do not believe in cables making change in the audio quality. Any Cable having good shielding to protect from noise is fine with me. I think most of them do the basic task of 'shorting' the path between two equipments. This is my personal opinion. I respect others who have different opinion.

Lower mid-humping is all good and some may even be into loose and flabby! For the money however, Chord Crimson plus is difficult to beat. It was What HiFi's analog IC of the year 2011: Chord Company CrimsonPlus review from the experts at whathifi.com

It has also great reviews: Chord Company Crimson review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Hi-fi accessories
what-Hifi's main agenda is to promote British audio Industry. They sing praise of every Brit product like its the worlds greatest gift to mankind. :eek:hyeah:

So what should I buy? :)
I heard the straight Chorus AG and Chorus II in TAP and they were good. Not compared to anything else.

I dont like the color of chord crimpson plus. :D

Depends on how expensive the rest of your system is ... I spent 10K on Nordost Blue Heavens and they are my base minimum standard. I like them although there may be better cables around, I dont have inclination to experiment on ICs too much considering they are passive "devices" and the money. but eventually I will once I find the transport that drives my setup the way I want it.

--G0bble

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back