Anyone using Qobuz?

i have been trying to create an account just to buy hires music from their store but VPN,tor everything fails.
We can't create Qobuz account within India using any workaround methods. We need to create account via Friend in USA.

I have a Tidal family account but been looking for Qobuz but could not get due to the restrictions. If anyone is interested to extend a slot on the family plan, I will be interested to pool in

Initial impressions are Qobuz sounds tad more lively while Tidal I felt has better control over bass, bit better separation, focus and may be imaging.

Looks like there are many subtle differences so need to do a proper comparison. Will share my findings once I’m done.

I’m using a test playlist with about 100 tracks and various genres. Source is a MacMini (Audirvana) with Uptone Audio MMK, good quality LPS/DC cable powered by DH Labs power chord.

Last edited:
it is necessary to have a credit card issued from the country u subscribe from.( friends or relatives etc).
VPN simply do not work with qobuz unlike tidal. we had tried various methods .
BTW qobuz sounds way better than tidal.
Tidal connect / spotify connect features make it easier to use them from the native app .
qobuz connect feature is still not heard of -although u can do chromecast
qobuz USA is cheaper than UK due to lower exchange rate with Indian Rupee.
yes indian cards dont work it seems

yess i am using native app and sounds little organic and lively as no mqa and most of the albums are in 16 bit 44.1khz . and hindi catalogue is vast
How do you navigate through hindi songs. Any tips?.
I could search by artist name.

Cheers.

Qobuzz signup also works for USA paypal accounts(if you can manage one). You can use Hola vpn addon from fireforx browser during signup with USA ip.

Initial impressions are Qobuz sounds tad more lively while Tidal I felt has better control over bass, bit better separation, focus and may be imaging.

Looks like there are many subtle differences so need to do a proper comparison. Will share my findings once I’m done.

I’m using a test playlist with about 100 tracks and various genres. Source is a MacMini (Audirvana) with Uptone Audio MMK, good quality LPS/DC cable powered by DH Labs power chord.
I compared Tidal & Qobuz for a few days. My thoughts are here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/tidal-vs-qobuz-my-subjective-observations.84571/

QOBUZ has started a new service in collaboration with SoundIz where you can import your Favorite Albums, Playlists from other streaming services....
Soundiiz is an excellent playlist converter/manager service. I’ve used it with good results in transferring my painstakingly created playlists (for example Prahar-based ragas) from Tidal to Apple Music and Spotify. Remember, each platform has a different limit on number of tracks you can have. I crossed Apple’s and it couldn‘t transfer any more.

It‘s a bit costly though, hence suggest taking just one month’s subscription and doing all the transfers you need to.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back